Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth Council Watch - news and updates about the 'co-operative' council

£470 per year, which makes the headline perhaps slightly misleading - not sure I've ever heard anyone refer to their annual rent.
but a nice bit of council incompetence no doubt.

Fucking Lambeth:

You beat me to it.

What is most appalling is the bullshiting by Council.

When legal people challenged the council they backed down straight away.

They thought they had got away with bullshiting a vulnerable person to pay more than was in the contract.

Not all officers are bad.

What I notice is that often when a new officer starts they are very good

It takes time to train them up to do things the Lambeth way

Who runs this dreadful show?!

Fiona.jpg

(Source: Lambeth Together)

Council housing in Lambeth is usually considered to be the executive responsibility of Fiona Connolly, Lambeth Council's "Corporate Director of Housing and Adult Social Care" ... and currently and additionally "Interim Chief Executive".

Buzzed: Lambeth Council faces £34.3 million overspend as housing and health crises mount

"The report, essentially a state-of-the-borough review, reveals troubling financial shortfalls, unmet performance targets, and serious challenges in housing and public health"
A few huge inaccuracies in the article, one being Healthy life expectancy divergence from national average.,
The national average of healthy life expectancy is around 62.5 believe not 80.
That’s still a couple of years divergence from national average m, but considering we are an inner city borough and not a leafy shire , it shouid be expected to be a bit less than national average:
But it would be be truely terrific if we had a national average healthy life expectancy of 80. It would probably mean average life expectancy would be well over 100.
The constant knocking of Lambeth council from the side lines is one thing, but let’s keep it slightly real

A few huge inaccuracies in the article, one being Healthy life expectancy divergence from national average.,
The national average of healthy life expectancy is around 62.5 believe not 80.
That’s still a couple of years divergence from national average m, but considering we are an inner city borough and not a leafy shire , it shouid be expected to be a bit less than national average:
But it would be be truely terrific if we had a national average healthy life expectancy of 80. It would probably mean average life expectancy would be well over 100.
The constant knocking of Lambeth council from the side lines is one thing, but let’s keep it slightly real
Thanks for pointing that out. I did not even know there was a Healthy Life Expectancy figure! I wondered how it is actually worked out and apparently it is self-assessed (do you consider yourself to be in good health?). I would not know where to start with answering that. Nevertheless, interesting.

You mentioned a few huge inaccuracies?

Thanks for pointing that out. I did not even know there was a Healthy Life Expectancy figure! I wondered how it is actually worked out and apparently it is self-assessed (do you consider yourself to be in good health?). I would not know where to start with answering that. Nevertheless, interesting.

You mentioned a few huge inaccuracies?

Have a google and you can see how healthy life expectancy is worked out:
Chronic health conditions, disability etc affect whether we feel we are in good health or not.
It’s irrelevant how I assess mine.
One person with a disability or with a chronic longterm health issue might consider themselves to be in good health whilst the next person with same conditions might not. I live with HIV for example but do not consider that to make me unhealthy tracks to it being supressed with the meds.
Another person with same HIV status might consider then selves to not be enjoying good health because of the psychological effect on their day to day lives.
It’s a global indicator not sobering Lambeth just came up with .
As for inaccuracies I was wrong in stating fear as if it’s all from this one article, it’s based more on obersvstions I’ve made over time but can’t be fucked with engaging with peoplee we on here to correct, any more than I can with other nonsense on this forum.
My one point I felt I had to make was that people in Lambeth do not have nigh on 20 years less life expectancy than the national average.
Is that clear enough for you?

Just to I finish off my previous point about living with HIV. Whilst nothing can be done to remove the infection once infected, if the person struggling psychologically living with the disease could access prone and effective mental health support, they too might self report as feeling they too are enjoying good quality healthy life. Maybe view it as quality of life being just as important or more do than quantity of life.
I am totally not a fan of the current Labour Party, and after 45 tears of active membership I resigned a little while ago. But as far as I am concerned, the problems we see now with health and well being are more the result of Tory/libdem austerity and thatchers move to destroy social housing than they are to do with the Labour administration of Lambeth council. Lambeth is a one party state because more people mobilise and vote for them at election time than the pathetic opposition simple as that. Of more people got off their arses and put as much effort into mobilising at election time as the Labour Party activists do the situation could change , but too many people whinge and whine over their orgabic cider as they stroke their unkempt whispy beards bemoaning the evils of new labour as if there’s nothing they could at least try to do to change the political dynamics on the council if only they could make a fraction of the effort in the real world as the Labour activists do.

Back
Top Bottom