Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth Council elections 2022

They start at 9am. Results will all be in by 6pm. Unsure of the need to do local election counts overnight tbh.
They have done this for years. I stood as an independent candidate in 2014 and it was the same thing.
That time it was in the Brixton Rec downstairs - with no obvious refreshment facilities for a 5-6 hour session, as you say.

It costs money they don’t have and if they did could be better spent elsewhere
It would cost less money if they didn't have elections at all!!!
(For avoidance of doubt this is REDUCTIO AD ABSURDUM)

Since Lambeth is so boring this morning - here is a snippet from "My London News"
Covid conspiracy theorist Piers Corbyn finished fourth last in the Faraday ward which he contested. He picked up 200 votes – more than two Lib Dem candidates and one Tory candidate standing in the same seat.

I’m sure it’s cheaper / easier to hire people to work during the day.
I see from the Brixton Buzz live blog that this count is live from the KIA Oval conference cnetre.
Would you care to give an estimate of the room hire charges?

I attended the general election count in 1997 which was held at Lambeth Town Hall - all three constituencies.
Two were counted in the assembly hall and one in Room 8 (as was).
Overnight - declaring at 4 am.

Why is New Labour so pathetic it just can't perform like anywhere else these days? And has to hire a cricket ground conference centre not to do it?

Labour appear to be storming this - currently 25 seats up and no opposition cllrs so far elected.

The @lbldemocracy twitter feed links to the Lambeth election results site that has electorate size and then vote count.

Brixton North seems to have a very high turn out.
Rushy

Changed his Twitter handle to former conservative leader of the opposition
Has it not been like that since the Tories stopped being the opposition?

Anyway, he's tweeting about beergate now. He'll prob end up an MP for somewhere next 🙄

Is this a dumb question ... how does Labour differ from Labour & Cooperative Party?

And which bright spark designed this helpful graphic

1651850793631.png

(And by the way - if as I did you assumed that the pieces of pie corresponded with the order of the titles (i.e. L&CP on the right of the pie) you'd be mistaken!)

Is this a dumb question ... how does Labour differ from Labour & Cooperative Party?

View attachment 321469

(And by the way - if as I did you assumed that the pieces of pie corresponded with the order of the titles (i.e. L&CP on the right of the pie) you'd be mistaken!)

It's a form of electoral alliance between Labour and the Co-operative party they've had since the nineteen twenties. Something to do with not standing against each other in elections and the Labour & Co-op candidates are jointly decided on by both parties.

I was wondering this myself and doing a quick google I found Frequently Asked Questions - it seems they are essentially the same as the Labour Party. Is it just like a union endorsement thing or do their candidates get extra funding etc?

Back
Top Bottom