Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth increases the rent of council tenancies by £60-£75 PER WEEK

The thing I don't understand about this is that it appears that the increase is for all the year?

I'm a council tenant in street property. With gas ( mainly for heating plus gas oven) on pre pay meter

Over winter I was topping up a lot.

But now it's better weather Im hardly using any gas.

I really don't understand how this increase is all year round.

I also got the government automatic help with electricity and gas.

Surely the Council could have worked out way to reduce it during summer.

Another thing. Labour Councils like Lambeth always blame the Tories for their problems. Implication being that a labour government will change everything.

Starmer has ditched so many of his pledges plus Rachel Reeves keeps now saying she has to keep to fiscal rules that I doubt things will be better for hard pressed Council tenants when Labour get in

The thing I don't understand about this is that it appears that the increase is for all the year?

I'm a council tenant in street property. With gas ( mainly for heating plus gas oven) on pre pay meter

Apparently not. Because they're fucking shit. Residents will have already used up their government help for their electric bills, but there's fuck all for us if you're on communal heating/gas.

Generally, with District heating systems they spread the cost over the year , they could, I guess, have huge weekly charges in the winter & lower in the summer but it would work out as the same charge overall.

Generally, with District heating systems they spread the cost over the year , they could, I guess, have huge weekly charges in the winter & lower in the summer but it would work out as the same charge overall.

Im not expert on figures but it seems to me that Council tenants in district heating systems are paying an awful lot compared to me. I was struggling over winter but now what Im paying out has reduced dramatically.

I still think the deals the Council do with suppliers need more scrutiny.

This is after all Lambeth Council. The Housing Ombudsman has just put the Council on extra scrutiny due to fact they are so rubbish at organising anything. I dont trust the Council to make sure the deals it does keep prices down.

Way Lambeth works is whatever is easier to just agree they do and then move on. Leaving Joe public to deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom