Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth Council Watch - news and updates about the 'co-operative' council

Someone I know went to Westminster Magistrates Court - and the Bayo Dosunmu case was remanded to a later hearing.

Someone I know went to Westminster Magistrates Court - and the Bayo Dosunmu case was remanded to a later hearing.
I read that he plead guilty to everything except the cocaine charge, so a trial on that count is going to be held at a later date.

A woman with breathing and mobility problems, who has asthma and uses a walking frame, has been unable to use electric lights in her flat, which is owned by local slum landlord, Lambeth Council for three months, following a leak:

Fiona.jpg

(Source: Lambeth Together)

Fiona Connolly, Lambeth Council's "Corporate Director of Housing and Adult Social Care" .
.. and currently and additionally "Interim Chief Executive"

According to Lambeth Council: "Our service fell below our normal high standards in this case and we apologise to Ms Scott for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused ..."

London Council tenant goes without lights for three months

My "lodger" who appears to be in poor mental health has just had a letter form LCCC demanding payments of £20 per month towards a debt of £618.
When I asked him what it was about he says, giggling, that he got nabbed by a Lambeth Enforcement officer for dropping a cigarette end on the pavement.
Seems this is now policy Offences FPNs be given for

So what happens when someone who is not working, or on benefit doesn't pay? I am wondering.
My friend is already being pursued for a £12,000 debt (mainly accrued interest) purchased by PRA from Barclaycard.

It has been commented on before how the streets of Brixton are getting full of derelict people, and at night the area between the tube the Police Station has loads of rough sleepers in doorways - and persistent beggars.
No-one cares. Presumably event the Lambeth Enforcement Officers don't care because these are people in despair who don't have an address to sue them at!

Brixton has become like San Francisco - wealthy cheek by jowl with the homeless - wealthy white revellers proud to be liberal (with a small l) but unconcerned about the wreckage created by this unequal hedonist society.
"Show me the way to the next whisky bar"

Our Council is going to spend £1m to dig a hole.

https://moderngov.lambeth.gov.uk/ieDecisionDetails.aspx?Id=8771

I'm exagerating, obviously.

It's actually a drainage project for the large piece of land on St Matthew's Estate, across from Currys and Halfords.

While the idea isn't bad in itself, they could do so much more with that amount of money. I'll bet most of it has been spent on consultants, risk assessments, and other paperwork.

They claim to have no funds for important needs, yet somehow, they can suddenly find a million pounds for this.

It occurs to me that the headline should have been: Man who Lives in Lambeth but Represents Dartford is replaced by Man who Doesn't Live in Lambeth but represents Lambeth.

Reactions: CH1
A woman with breathing and mobility problems, who has asthma and uses a walking frame, has been unable to use electric lights in her flat, which is owned by local slum landlord, Lambeth Council for three months, following a leak:

Fiona.jpg

Fiona Connolly, Lambeth Council's "Corporate Director of Housing and Adult Social Care" .
.. and currently and additionally "Interim Chief Executive"

According to Lambeth Council: "Our service fell below our normal high standards in this case and we apologise to Ms Scott for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused ..."

London Council tenant goes without lights for three months

"Lambeth council has, once again, been named in a Housing Ombudsman monthly report on severe maladministration ..."

Fiona.jpg

Fiona Connolly, Lambeth Council's "Corporate Director of Housing and Adult Social Care" ... and now "Acting Chief Executive"

“We have complied with all his orders and recommendations – including apologising, paying compensation and addressing the work required”​

Lambeth Council tenant three years in temporary accommodation

Back
Top Bottom