Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

God, he really is shit at this whole politics thing, eh.

Nah. What he said is true and why ALL the major parties have involved private jets in GE campaigns for over 40 years...but low hanging fruit and an easy 'oh the irony'. More of a problem with the tone of the policy.... Miliband said the plan meant “Scotland will be the clean energy powerhouse of Great Britain”. Scotland is a decade down that path already. The recent split between SNP and Greens also mean its been in sharp focus....The media narrative on that up has been : Scotland been at the front of setting the trend globally, with a lot of the easier stuff implemented, some row back to keep targets credible sensible (or not, if you sided Green). Labour's tone ignores all that... will be... reads like SW1 spiel. And out of kilter, you don't have to be an SNP supporter to see it, anyone flying in from Wales would only have to look out the window.

Whole lot of stuff round Rough that could be 'debated' to if we did politics sensibly...not having Rough undoubtedly contributed to the spike in energy prices that were the at the core of inflation issues...plus its now being semi repurposed for hydrogen...
Having mentioned Strategic Reserves...WE DON'T HAVE A STRATEGIC DIESEL RESERVE ANYMORE...we have a Petrol one....given how logistics are mostly (currently) done in the UK....thats nuts , even as we transition away emergency reserves are the last thing to get rid of not the first.

Was thinking of starting a "New New Labour - Ruthlessly Incompetent. Post examples of Labour Stupidity Here" but decided it would only be confusing as to what should go where. So, along the lines of the Polish proverb of not pissing in the soup, I'll put this here instead :)

Pissing money up against the legal wall :thumbs: Mind you I suppose it harassed and wasted the money of the people they were suing so job done really.

Looks like Labour might take some concerns of the left seriously. :hmm:

Although...

The document will... focus heavily on security, including an image of Starmer in combat uniform.
I hope you're joking because 🤢 but I really can't tell anymore.

If you remember this sort of policy was advocated by Miliband which led to articles like this...

Then Corbyn continued it which led to, well, a lot of it - notice the guy who went after Miliband for losing Jews is Stephen Pollard of the Jewish Chronicle, Mail etc.

Then Starmer dropped it until now because he was serious about rooting out antisemitism and knew keeping this policy would lead to the same attacks that both his predecessors experienced.

You've got to think he's only doing this now because he's realised how much his pro-Israel stance has utterly fucked it with the Muslim community, so the day after the IDF murder kids at a school he announces what's basically David Cameron's Foreign Minister policy on Palestine.

I expect it not to work with the left he's targeting and to make Pollard, the CAA and some of his own party candidates lose their fucking minds at him.

Because he's a fucking wet wipe cunt.

Commitment to keep kid starving (2 child benefit cap) definitely in the Labour manifesto according to the FT

also
"Labour, which has previously opposed the use of compulsory identity cards in elections, will also confirm in the manifesto that it will not overturn the policy. "

ETA: I wouldnt be surprised if next government they move again to introduce compulsory ID cards

Last edited:
Commitment to keep kid starving (2 child benefit cap) definitely in the Labour manifesto according to the FT

also
"Labour, which has previously opposed the use of compulsory identity cards in elections, will also confirm in the manifesto that it will not overturn the policy. "

ETA: I wouldnt be surprised if next government they move again to introduce compulsory ID cards
The Tory policies you voted for last time but delivered more effectively and competently is the manifesto theme

3500.jpg

isn't that gesture slightly dodgy?

Back
Top Bottom