Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

But they are still funding Labour.
As I understand it, it's not clear whether they'll be donating to Labour's election campaign this time around? As for disaffiliating entirely, that'd have to be a democratic decision that goes through their official channels, and so is necessarily a slow process.

3500.jpg

isn't that gesture slightly dodgy?
Everything about him is dodgy

As I understand it, it's not clear whether they'll be donating to Labour's election campaign this time around? As for disaffiliating entirely, that'd have to be a democratic decision that goes through their official channels, and so is necessarily a slow process.
Presumably they collect the political levy which I have always understood to go to labour

It's used as a white power gesture in the US

OK hand sign added to list of hate symbols - BBC News
But the US anti-hate group says the "overwhelming usage" of the hand gesture today is still to show approval or that someone is OK.
Therefore "particular care must be taken not to jump to conclusions about the intent behind someone who has used the gesture".

Ignoring that sensible warning it is 'used' by "social media antifascists" to cunt off other social media users.

Unite has a political fund which goes to any activity that might be deemed political. Labour subs are part of it but not all. They can use those funds to support any candidate (or could when I wa still a member, five years ago.)

In Unison there's two separate funds you can choose to opt into, the Campaign Fund (non-Labour) or Labour Link (does what it says). I assumed all Labour-affiliated unions did it this way but maybe that's just us. Either way, for anyone who's joined a union since 2016 the political fund has to be opt-in rather than opt-out.

think that's part of how unison was formed, nalgo was non party affiliated, one or both of nupe / cohse were, so the campaign fund is the old nalgo fund.

Presumably they collect the political levy which I have always understood to go to labour

It doesn't necessarily (all) go to Labour.

My understanding is that for unions to do any political campaigning, as distinct from campaigning directly for the benefit of their members, they have to pay for it out of a separate political fund.

So Unite, like many other unions, give some of their political fund to Labour and use some of it for other political campaigning.

I can't get past the paywall on my phone but supposedly there's 19 billion £££ cuts coming

?

Is that just Scotland?
If someone could read it and post back what they make of it...
U.K. wide figure. Enough to pay for 312 years worth of Celtic wages.

I can't get past the paywall on my phone but supposedly there's 19 billion £££ cuts coming

?

Is that just Scotland?
If someone could read it and post back what they make of it...
Under whichever management, it is essential that the neoliberal consolidator state assures its neoliberal creditors that their interest and principle will always be privileged at the expense of things like wasted money on public services and the like.

Surely Starmer would nationalise Arsenal not Celtic if he had to choose a football team to take into public ownership ?

Labour leadership hopeful Sir Keir Starmer has called for unity and said "factionalism has to go" if the party is to recover from its election defeat.

Speaking at his campaign launch in Manchester, he said: "We are not going to trash the last Labour government… nor are we going to trash the last four years [under Jeremy Corbyn]".

(source)

that aged well...

Back
Top Bottom