Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

What happened to those pledges eh?
No, really...this is now :eek:

Keir Starmer will on Thursday unveil his version of New Labour’s pledge card for the next general election with six key commitments “put up in lights” as part of his party’s offer to swing voters.

The campaign material, which will be distributed to voters on doorsteps across England, will be revealed at an event in Essex as the Labour leader launches the party’s biggest advertising blitz since the 2019 election.

"Alright we need to be slightly more specific than Ed, otherwise people will think the last decade never happened. Switch out higher living standards for cracking down on oiks, and add something in about energy prices."

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.22.55.png

I like the Great British Energy thing.

I'm unclear on how a network of youth hubs are going to pay for more police.

The economy stuff is the same as the tories. The NHS stuff sounds good but will probably never happen. The immigration stuff is the same "war on drugs" bollocks, focusing on the symptoms rather than the cause, as every other govt.

It's nicely vague.

its not retailing energy to the public so what is it? thinly veiled private-public investment vehicle where the public purse underwrites the risk of investors so there is no risk, leading said players to go full cowboy on the money tap it like what happened with every pfi build?
Oh isn't it? I thought it was a green, nationalised energy company. I've changed my mind then.

Back
Top Bottom