Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Is the Natalie Cecilia Elphicke OBE who has been welcomed into the parliamentary Labour Party today by Sir Keir Starmer KCB KC MP and his boss, Morgan McSweeney, at the same time that the parliamentary whip has been withdraw from other MPs who are Labour Pary members, related in any way to the Natalie Cecilia Elphicke OBE who is referred to here?

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F10398140-6482-11ee-92b7-341e89720b32.jpg

(Source: Sunday Times)

31386634-8578053-image-a-46_1596140348507.jpg

Natalie Elphicke's £25,000 payout for articles about ending marriage to 'naughty Tory' husband Charlie Elphicke after he was convicted for sex attacks

Five Tory MPs found to have breached code of conduct

Here is the parliamentary voting record of the latest Labour Party MP, Natalie Cecilia Elphicke OBE.

Lis truss to reform cant really see go to Labour
You'd think but the one who defected today (can't remember her name) also sounds more "reform" on paper. Maybe Boris and pig fucker would be welcome in today's labour party. Thatcher as well if she wasn't pushing daisys.

Natalie Elphicke’s defection to Labour “would have strained the generosity of spirit of John the Baptist”, a former shadow chancellor has said.

John McDonnell, who was Jeremy Corbyn’s right-hand man, told LBC: ‘I’m surprised and shocked like many people. I’m a great believer in the powers of conversion, but I think even this one would have strained the generosity of spirit of John the Baptist, quite honestly…

“It certainly is a stunt that damages the Tories, there’s no doubt about that.

“But it also has implications for the Labour Party as well because of the views that Natalie Elphicke has expressed in the past, and some of which I don’t think the party should be associated with.”

Does the country want anything to do with Natalie Elphicke?
There's a long history of MPs spouses and children standing after they die. Less so, to be honest, when they are convicted of rape. Maybe Keir will be seeing if Gary Glitter's ex wife is free to stand?

I don’t know what La Elphicke has had to say about her spouse’s conviction, but my gut reaction is that there’s more than enough to throw at her own vile views without having to associate her with her husband’s sex offending.

I don’t know what La Elphicke has had to say about her spouse’s conviction, but my gut reaction is that there’s more than enough to throw at her own vile views without having to associate her with her husband’s sex offending.
she stood in the first place specifically to defend him. She has done worse things, but it is fair enough to hold that one against there too.

That's true about her views, certainly. However she has minimised his actions, to say the least, and the very act of selecting her by tho local Tories has a 'he's not guilty' vibe about it.

I was going to say she's the worst ever convert to Labour. However I think that honour still goes to Oswald Mosley..

From this afternoons Politico newsletter:
The spokesperson made clear Elphicke is in line for an unpaid Labour role advising on housing.
🤣

Hmmm. Also from the afternoons Politico newsletter:
Eight Labour women have told my colleagues Esther Webber and Aggie Chambre they are uncomfortable with Elphicke being admitted to the party due to those past comments about her ex-husband’s conviction — with one saying the news left her in tears and another writing a complaint to the chief whip.

Charlie Elphicke: the predator MP and his protection racket - The Times March 2022 (archived)
It was in October 2017 that the Conservative Party suspended Elphicke when other women had also made complaints to the whips. Elphicke’s wife, Natalie, immediately defended him. In November 2017, she said the manner in which he had had the whip removed, based on Jane’s allegations, was a threat to British values and an injustice. She compared his situation to that of Carl Sargeant, the Welsh politician who committed suicide after being told he faced unspecified claims about his behaviour. (...)

After her husband’s conviction, Natalie Elphicke announced the end of their marriage on Twitter, only to perform a U-turn and announce her support for him once again days later. In an interview, she defended Elphicke, saying he had been punished for being “charming, wealthy, charismatic and successful — attractive, and attracted to, women. All things that in today’s climate made him an easy target for dirty politics and false allegations.” She still dismissed the claims of Elphicke’s accusers and even claimed that Jane, whose identity she knew, had been “obsessed” with him.

Back
Top Bottom