Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Yes. Let's not forget the 6 counties tho

I wasn't forgetting them, I was deliberately not including them as they're not part of Britain (as distinct from the UK).

Surprised the flag-shagger isn't including them either, although there are no votes for him to win in NI, maybe he's not that bothered.

Is it a deliberate snub for Scotland and Wales, or has he just forgotten about them?
When the EDL used to march, there'd be lots of St George flags and then a few others, maybe Welsh and Israeli. I reckon that will be the look for Labour's conference in the autumn.

Apart from obvious issues with the whole "patriotism" thing, why is he choosing to stress English rather than Britishness?

Is it a deliberate snub for Scotland and Wales, or has he just forgotten about them?
As per the bit mojo pixy quoted here, Starmer seems not to know the difference between England and Britain:

I’m proud to be English precisely because it’s a place where we can disagree – whether that’s a debate in the House of Commons or in the local pub – and still celebrate a common identity, a shared history and a future together. That’s what makes Britain the strong democracy that’s the envy of the world.

I’m proud to be English precisely because it’s a place where we can disagree – whether that’s a debate in the House of Commons or in the local pub – and still celebrate a common identity, a shared history and a future together, although it might be a future where you're not in the Labour party anymore and I've forbidden people from speaking to you.

Twats with flags... never trust 'em
Twats with British rags anyway. People with red and black flags or tricolours - be they French or Irish on London streets - perhaps a different story. Maybe we could enlist a few of that gammon bunch, to go at the head of demos and be baton fodder for getting through cop lines

Last edited:
... always on the ball ...

GFPjFq1XkAAmCqO.jpg

At least we know what he does care about:

"‘I would change the offside rule. I wouldn’t change VAR, I’d change the offside rule to make it more beneficial for the attacking team."

82765973-13226713-image-m-2_1711093235694.jpg

Keir Starmer throws weight behind offside rule reform after Coventry VAR decision

Is...is he not aware that the offside rule is not a matter for the British government to decide?

What else is he gonna do, change the rules of rock paper scissors? Stupid cunt.
Sir Keir said he would "much rather be straight with the British public than make a promise I can't keep".

"Every family knows that they've had to adjust their plans," he said. "We've now had to adjust our plans."

"And I think the British public appreciate us being straight and saying because of the damage the Tories have done, we can't now do everything that we wanted to do." 9 Feb 2024

Labour have u-turned on their u-turn on rail nationalisation, according to Newsnight. An o-turn.

Not really - they've not included the ROSCOs (the firms who own the actual trains), so whilst it would save money compared to the current farce it doesn't up front reunify the wheel and rail, which is what would be required to really fix things (either as a nationalized thing or something more akin to SNCF / DB etc).

Although they could just do the first thing and then pick the ROSCOs off by billing them for every broken toilet / unheated carriage etc

He is not saying that it is a matter for the government.
But he is saying it knowing that what he says gets reported. He could choose not to speak of football. Or maybe when he does speak about football, he could mention fans getting ripped off, horrible dirty money financing obscene wages, something like that. But he's probably fine with all that stuff. Intensely relaxed or something.

He is Zelig.

The question of whether Zelig was a psychotic or merely extremely neurotic was a question that was endlessly discussed among his doctors. Now I myself felt his feelings were really not all that different from the normal, what one would call the well-adjusted, normal person, only carried to an extreme degree, to an extreme extent. I myself felt that one could really think of him as the ultimate conformist.

He's like the boy who cried wolf at this point.

He could announce the most amazing set of policies, promise to transform society in a way not seen since the Attlee government and many people would just shrug and say

"Whatever, he'll probably change his mind next week"

Back
Top Bottom