Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Labour's Dover candidate speaks:

Ha! He'd have been expecting to win that. It's a Tory/Lab marginal(ish), prime target for Labour. He's got his official portrait picture sorted and everything.

It's a novel way for Tories to try to keep their seats. Wonder how they'll handle it?

Ha! He'd have been expecting to win that. It's a Tory/Lab marginal(ish), prime target for Labour. He's got his official portrait picture sorted and everything.

It's a novel way for Tories to try to keep their seats. Wonder how they'll handle it?
He’s still the candidate. As he says!
And he’s probably going to win it.

I was wondering who the candidate was. I'll bet he didn't even get notice that this was going to happen.

But yeah this has pretty much guaranteed Elphicke will continue as MP. Might re- defect after the election.

But yeah this has pretty much guaranteed Elphicke will continue as MP. Might re- defect after the election.

dunno

BBC report says "Labour will retain their existing candidate in Dover and Deal at the next general election and Mrs Elphicke will stand down."

for what any politician says is worth, of course...

although would have thought if she did stand as labour candidate, that would piss most potential labour voters off enough to keep the seat for the tories, unless one of the other parties was a clear front runner...

more likely starmer* will give her a quango job and / or a seat in the lords

* subject to him getting in, which i'm still not convinced is as definite as he thinks.

I was wondering who the candidate was. I'll bet he didn't even get notice that this was going to happen.

Have neither of you read/listened to any news today?

* subject to him getting in, which i'm still not convinced is as definite as he thinks.
I think this is nailed on now. I can't see what could change between now and the election that would alter things so much from the local results. He'll survive the Gaza revolt with maybe one or two MPs losing out but only one or two. Most we can hope for from this year's election, I think, is a hung parliament with Lab the largest party. That would be the least worst result.

Nope, in answer to your ever so polite query, I went on holiday today. Phone in flight mode and all that.
And you came on here for to comment (which would be bad enough) without bothering to check basic facts? That’s pretty fucking stupid.

(I decided to forego the passive part of ‘passive-aggressive)

Low-info voter tactics.
Exactly. If you don't tell people what your policies are, they can't decide to vote for you or against you on the basis of policies, so it just boils down to party political tribalism and Labour acting like certain sections of society/certain communities owe their votes to Labour, or people voting Labour not for any positive reasons, but on the basis that the voters might think they're the least worst option.

Starmer's a charisma void and policy vacuum.

If only the proles could see the extent of starmer's vision, as he pushes the overton window further to the right and marginalises those now to its left.

It will be our fault that we didn't see his endless rowing back of promises, now starring the worker's new deal

Not really sure what choices remain. The gaping maw in place of working class politics is exactly what owen jones is warning about.

The Labour party should be “less tribal” and be open to “reasonably minded people, whichever way they voted in the past”, Keir Starmer has said.

Starmer speech welcoming Elphicke to the party.

The subtext of this is that it does not include Corbyn or anyone who would vote for someone like that from left of party.

They aren't " reasonably minded".

What does "reform resettlement routes" mean? Isn't the problem that there aren't any safe routes, except for very few circumstances, eg Ukraine. Does that mean resettlement here? Or is this another way of saying we'll send them to a third country, just not Rwanda

Presumably at the behest of Morgan McSweeney, media personality and aspiring Foreign Secretary, The Right Honourable David Lammy PC FRSA MP, continues his campaign to become a national embarrassment in his quest to become Sir Keir Starmer KCB KC MP's best (and only?) 'Black' friend:

41089434-9415139-image-a-3_1617039064930.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Mandela's grandson labels British politician Lammy an ‘apologist’ for genocide

Mandela's grandson criticises UK Labour's David Lammy, calls pro-Palestine protesters 'heroes'

Back
Top Bottom