Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"just accept that you are poorer"

Sounds like the usual boilerplate nonsense that organisations tack onto pretty much anything, just in case it turns out to say something inconvenient.

Well yes, its a study that does not necessarily represent the views of the organisation.

But that bit is as irrelevant as a study on price spirals.

And there isn't great evidence to say wage increases cause inflation, but neither is there great evidence to suggest that its not the case that if lots of people seek to avoid the effects of inflation by gaining wage increases that inflation won't stay for longer thereby affecting those that did not get wage increases.

But no one seems interested in actually discussing what the person said apart from Cat Fan

And there isn't great evidence to say wage increases cause inflation, but neither is there great evidence to suggest that its not the case that if lots of people seek to avoid the effects of inflation by gaining wage increases that inflation won't stay for longer thereby affecting those that did not get wage increases.

You're asking us to prove a negative? Small wonder nobody's taking you up on that.

I am poorer, and there is zilch I can do about it.

At the risk of being inflammatory, as there is little you can do, move on, and look to the future.

Well yes, its a study that does not necessarily represent the views of the organisation.

But that bit is as irrelevant as a study on price spirals.

But no one seems interested in actually discussing what the person said apart from Cat Fan
Perhaps the increased pay makes the workforce feel more valued, and so they're more productive with fewer mistakes, hence there's an increase in value that actually gives a downward pressure on prices. :)

At the risk of being inflammatory, as there is little you can do, move on, and look to the future.

Yeah, you'd need a bunch of people doing something at the same time.
Nah, never gonna happen..

There is something you can do and in fact do do - you vote Tory to ensure everyone else is poorer as well

You're asking us to prove a negative? Small wonder nobody's taking you up on that.

I didn't ask you to prove anything, I just pointed out there wasn't large amounts of evidence proving them wrong.

But no one is interested in discussing what they said anyway.

Because the only alternative to neoliberal orthodoxy is to copy Erdogan? False dilemma much?

Did you want to discuss it then? They have said that if businesses and people seek to pass on the effect of increased prices that generates inflation and that form of inflation can persist.

Did you want to discuss it then? They have said that if businesses and people seek to pass on the effect of increased prices that generates inflation and that form of inflation can persist.

So a man says a thing, but why should we take it seriously?

I didn't know they were a they, sorry. What's their eviodence?

I don't get it. Is it not acceptable to refer to a singular person as "they"? You would have greater knowledge in that than I would.

As for their evidence, its just something they said on a podcast.

I mean managers I'd agree there's no point in raising their wages because they're generally paid more than enough and it would have no effect on productivity. The workforce, though, if they're wondering whether their pay is enough to pay the rent they will hardly have full focus on the work. Paying people a proper rate for the job shows that they're being valued, at least somewhat, and they're bound to respond.

I don't get it. Is it not acceptable to refer to a singular person as "they"? You would have greater knowledge in that than I would.
It's confusing in the context because 'they' could have meant something else (the BoE, economists, the government, people on telly).

As for their evidence, its just something they said on a podcast.

So none then.

It's confusing in the context because 'they' could have meant something else (the BoE, economists, the government, people on telly).

So none then.

You can assume they have no evidence if you like, they are an economist, there are economists on the monetary policy committee I don’t agree with but I don’t assume they have zero evidence for their views.

You can assume they have no evidence if you like, they are an economist, there are economists on the monetary policy committee I don’t agree with but I don’t assume they have zero evidence for their views.
So you're willing to accept that the rosy-cheeked fat men in suits have evidence because they look the part but when someone actually sticks some evidence up you object. You boot-licking twat.

Back
Top Bottom