Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"just accept that you are poorer"

Not long till we start getting guff on the randian loonery of privatised courts competing to give the most economically beneficial judgements...blah, blah blah

Sweeping statements of poorly thought out waffle
That's normally how a journey to the truth begins. You sit down, talk and that's the first thing you hear from the other side of the table.

A load of questions and answers later, there's less waffle.

Not long till we start getting guff on the randian loonery of privatised courts competing to give the most economically beneficial judgements...blah, blah blah
There is nothing, absolutely nothing, stopping the state at any level from moving justice infrastructure into DAOs apart from fear.

I can't believe given the increase in homelessness and food banks that yet another out of touch expert, who no doubt, is not suffering at all could say something so insensitive. It's almost like he's trolling the poor

Bring on the next election and I will vote labour. I detest them but if it helps get the Tories out I'm going to vote for the first time in my life and help get them out.

Whatever next? :rolleyes:
Unfortunately the psychopaths on the right have realized memes work. So this kind of stuff works.

The comments were taken out of context by the media. He was talking about both companies and workers raising prices/demanding pay rises and how that creates a wage/price spiral.

But he has rightly been pilloried because it's a tone deaf thing to say, sounds awful out of context and he should know better. You would think that these guys would get better media training.

The comments were taken out of context by the media. He was talking about both companies and workers raising prices/demanding pay rises and how that creates a wage/price spiral.

This is outdated thatcherite bollocks. The price spiral is manifestly not being driven by rising wages because wages aren't keeping up with it. There are three main causes of it; the fact we're still at the mercy of a moribund fossil fuel economy, brexit, and opportunistic greed on the part of businesses. None of those can be laid at the door of workers, they're all created by degenerate capital.

This is outdated thatcherite bollocks. The price spiral is manifestly not being driven by rising wages because wages aren't keeping up with it. There are three main causes of it; the fact we're still at the mercy of a moribund fossil fuel economy, brexit, and opportunistic greed on the part of businesses. None of those can be laid at the door of workers, they're all created by degenerate capital.
Yes, I more or less agree. But bear in mind the guy is an economist so he's just quoting economic theory. He didn't intend to throw workers under the bus, as will be clear for anyone who listens to the full thing.

Yes, I more or less agree. But bear in mind the guy is an economist so he's just quoting economic theory. He didn't intend to throw workers under the bus, as will be clear for anyone who listens to the full thing.

His job is to legitimise a system that throws workers under the bus as a matter of policy. The 'economic theory' he's quoting is not objective fact, in fact it has been completely discredited by 40 years of rising inequality and economic stagnation. He's a man up to his armpits in seawater telling us the tide's not coming in.

And he gets the pay of half a dozen nurses for this shit.

Why don't you have a word with those who attack me for my on-topic opinion, without attacking my opinon? I didn't make it about me, they did.
Happens here all the time, your first post in this thread would get a couple of likes if it came from someone else.
They will goad till they get the reaction they want.
Lots of doublespeak clowns hiding in plain sight here

Happens here all the time, your first post in this thread would get a couple of likes if it came from someone else.
They will goad till they get the reaction they want.
Lots of doublespeak clowns hiding in plain sight here
And yet here you still are, going on again about hating the place and wondering why people don't respond positively to YOU...

Not even that - he runs the company which operates the buses, which exists primarily for the benefit of its shareholders.
The bank of England is a public sector employer. He's not running a business or anything. Honestly he should know better, but he works for you and me as a civil servant.

This is outdated thatcherite bollocks. The price spiral is manifestly not being driven by rising wages because wages aren't keeping up with it. There are three main causes of it; the fact we're still at the mercy of a moribund fossil fuel economy, brexit, and opportunistic greed on the part of businesses.
And morons at the BoE putting up interest rates to try and slow inflation. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom