Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

July 2005 London bomb blasts: UPDATES AND NEWS ONLY - NO DISCUSSION

I've just had a shit nightmare of a journey in - somebody just rung in on their mobile to say the whole tube network is down.

edited to add:

I heard it was a power fault, and this is what the BBC London home page has it down as.

I just can't believe it's just a power surge. Power suges do not cause explosions lik this, according to my neighbour who works on the tube. It's all tied in with the G8, the fact that we have the world leaders here, the olympics etc etc,

This was always going to happen it was a matter of not if but when. Every cop in London knows this.

jung offender said:
Big bang over West End just then? Thunder I hope :(

Eh :confused: I work by Oxford Circus and heard nothing...strange that the Victoria line was workign fine at 8.45 - but the escalators were out at Oxford Circus due to "power problems". Sounds like a massive power surge and some transforners blowing..they make a huge noise when they go.

met police: 8.50 called to aldgate to assist in a 'major incident'

metronet: this is a major incident, the whole system is being shut down

g force said:
Eh :confused: I work by Oxford Circus and heard nothing...strange that the Victoria line was workign fine at 8.45 - but the escalators were out at Oxford Circus due to "power problems". Sounds like a massive power surge and some transforners blowing..they make a huge noise when they go.

I'm in soho. sounded a bit like distant thunder TBH. or it could have been a building site or something. we all heard it in the office.

i'm in a building Euston sq. and there's just been a boom and the building rumbled and it's a pretty fucking big building.

Belushi said:
Please just let it be power surges.

We've got Sky News on in our office and they are reporting it as a massive power surge, which has caused explosions at Aldgate East, Kings Cross, Edgware Road and Old St. The whole network has been closed down, but they haven't reported any serious injuries (although people have been seen leaving the stations covered in blood).

I really hope that this isn't a cover up for something more sinister, although if it was a power surge it raises yet more questions about the state of the tube network. :(

Here's hoping everyone involved is ok and the situation is resolved quickly and effectively.

Could an accident there and at Aldgate have cut the power/led to a surge?

Seems odd that 2 accidents should happen in quick succession though :(

We were all turfed off the tubes at St Paul and we were told it was just a power failure. But there's police running all over the place on Cheapside :confused:

Bugger - I'll be walking to work from Liverpool Street for a while, then.

(/flippant mode)

Well, every available spare cop & "intelligence" officer is in Edinburgh. If I was planning something for London, I know when I'd do it. :(

Scotland Yard statement on TalkSport : Major police presence in response to 'climate' after Olympic Bid Win.

Sky now claiming two trains have collided

I would doubt that a massive power surge would cause problems at "selected" stations like this all across the city. It would require far too much power and wouldn't just affect the underground. Whole swathes of the city would be blacked out as well.

E. Coli said:
i'm in a building Euston sq. and there's just been a boom and the building rumbled and it's a pretty fucking big building.

my window faces the direction of Euston. There appears to be a helicopter hovering above it now :(

Back
Top Bottom