Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Andrew Hertford Pickman's model hope you don't mind but I have produced a deluxe printed edition of your exchanges on this thread as I believe them to be an important milestone in political/cultural debate of the 21st century, please forward me addresses to send advance copies to
Pile them high, pour petrol over them and ignite from a safe distance, as utterly devoid of anything more than the most ephemeral interest

bearing in mind the Tories will barely let May near the public / or anything else other than high profile, pre prepared set pieces, why aren't Lab just rotating Corbo / McDonnell / Gardiner for the big ones ? ( On the other hand, pushing three white middle aged males in front of camera each time not practical either maybe, dunno. )

I've no idea why they keep putting up Abbott and Thornberry, they are both equally charmless. The hairstyle line was very poorly thought out.

Today's distraction is that Corbyn allegedly laid a wreath for one of the PLO members involved in the Munich massacre of Israeli athletes. Corbyn sources deny and say he was there to honour those who died at the PLO headquarters in 1985 bombed by Israeli jets and he laid no wreath. The Telegraph article states it happened a year before he became leader.

PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News

From the link above

jen.png

Jennifer Gerber is also a key Progress figue

The directors of Progress Ltd are: Richard Angell (executive director of Progress); Jennifer Gerber* (former deputy executive director of Progress and former acting executive director of the organisation); Jon Mendelson* (former treasurer of Progress); Robert Philpot* (former executive director of Progress); and Stephen Twigg MP* (former chair of Progress and current honorary president). *unpaid

Progress | News and debate from the progressive community | About

It would be hard to argue after Diane (Countdown) Abbott's recent performance that he wasn't warned that figures may be of some importance to his campaign.

Labour are such incompetent twats. Thank god I have Plaid Cymru to vote for. The Scottish have SNP. The English have such a shit choice it's a wonder anyone bothers to turn up and vote at all.

Labour are such incompetent twats. Thank god I have Plaid Cymru to vote for. The Scottish have SNP. The English have such a shit choice it's a wonder anyone bothers to turn up and vote at all.

If the Andrew Neil interviews are representative Sturgeon is miles ahead of the others in respect of grip on the detail and command of the issues. Corbyn clearly didn't understand his own economic policy and May was actually incapable of stringing a sentence together. By way of contrast Sturgeon was happy to go toe to toe with Neil on the facts, data and was capabale of explaining it coherently.

If the Andrew Neil interviews are representative Sturgeon is miles ahead of the others in respect of grip on the detail and command of the issues. Corbyn clearly didn't understand his own economic policy and May was actually incapable of stringing a sentence together. By way of contrast Sturgeon was happy to go toe to toe with Neil on the facts, data and was capabale of explaining it coherently.

Would mae the best PM by a mile, something we've known for a while I think.

Saw on Twitter he might be in Stroud tomorrow. I should wander about town hoping to get vox popped so i can say "Well, I've always voted Tory but with that extremist Teresa May in charge I will be looking for someone strong and stable like Corbyn."

Wear a suit and tell them you're a company director and BTL landlord who thought Cameron was great and would never have countenanced the Dementia Tax, and Labour is now the party of aspiration. :thumbs:

It would be hard to argue after Diane (Countdown) Abbott's recent performance that he wasn't warned that figures may be of some importance to his campaign.

For the life of me I've no idea why they simply don't print out a briefing sheet and make sure it's in his hand when he sits down. I can't remember any election where tax and spending weren't brought up whenever a policy was spoken about.

Saw on Twitter he might be in Stroud tomorrow. I should wander about town hoping to get vox popped so i can say "Well, I've always voted Tory but with that extremist Teresa May in charge I will be looking for someone strong and stable like Corbyn."
He's in Bristol tomorrow evening so Stroud certainly sounds possible

Regardless of how she comes across generally, Thornberry has been doing pretty well in interviews I think. Certainly moreso than anyone else in the Shad Cab other than McDonnell.

Sarah Champion's had some cracking interviews recently. And of course Angela Rayner always does well. I think they both do better than Thornberry.

For the life of me I've no idea why they simply don't print out a briefing sheet and make sure it's in his hand when he sits down. I can't remember any election where tax and spending weren't brought up whenever a policy was spoken about.

cos C21st is supposed to be paperless.
which iswhy he was looking for it an ipad.

Ten years ago, it would have been bits of paper

You may well think that.

I would rather vote Tory than vote for Ian Blackford :(

Rally at the New Lawn Wednesday afternoon apparently. Also got one in Swindon and then Bristol in the evening

according to the attack dog in that interview he has 10,000 unanswered emails and a diary in chaos which might explain why they got lost.

Back
Top Bottom