Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Taking just one child out of the perpetual circle of abuse is in my opinion worth more than any amount of picketing, meetings, arguing, shouting or marching.
so in your opinion your action is worth more than votes for women
not to mention worth more than the institution of the age of consent
and worth more than legislation against children being sent into mills or mines
not to mention being worth more than ending slavery
what a curious moral calculus you have to weigh the one against the other

mikey mikey Get a grip. By bored I mean over the years there's been plenty of people who've come on here and who've started complaining about 'forum police' when they've come up against various posters with strongly held opinions who've called them out over stuff. It does not mean there is some kind of 'police'. It means I've seen it all before, and it's fucking boring.

mikey mikey Get a grip. By bored I mean over the years there's been plenty of people who've come on here and who've started complaining about 'forum police' when they've come up against various posters with strongly held opinions who've called them out over stuff. It does not mean there is some kind of 'police'. It means I've seen it all before, and it's fucking boring.
indeed, it does not improve with repetition.

Boring as a monobrow.

mikey mikey there's been plenty of people who've come on here and who've started complaining about 'forum police' when they've come up against various posters with strongly held opinions who've called them out over stuff.

If that was what they were doing most of the time, I'd welcome the conversation, but have a look on this page. It's not what they're doing, now, is it.

mikey mikey It does not mean there is some kind of 'police'.

Okay, let's not use that name: How about coterie, bunch a chickens who need to swoop in groups, gang of trolls, you name it? How about "bunch of fucknuts that hurl shitty comments one after another in an attempt to bury other people's comments under trash"?

mikey mikey It means I've seen it all before, and it's fucking boring.

Well if the same thing keeps happening between a line of past posters and this flock of flamewariors, then perhaps you should be addressing the latter and not the poor guy/gal on the receiving end.

Or just maybe, you are one of those people that like to play the "c'mon knock it off" role, while actually putting the boot in with the rest of the bullies.

Are you that guy?

Sometimes when the rest of the world tells you are wrong and you are a dick, you are in fact in the right. Most of the time however, it just means you are wrong, and a dick.

Speaking from personal experience, or are you just joining in on the pile-on?

Back on topic.

ITV poll: 68% of 165,000 people vote #Corbyn4PM

itv-tm1.jpg

We need a boring poll of the accuracy of boring political polls taken over the last boring 5 years, or something boring like that.

I'm just a pathetic bully who's pilling in.

Oh and I'd vote someone else, namely me. Let's be frank I probably have about as much chance as Corbyn.
tell you what, seeing the likes of mikey mikey and who phd here, most people would be up for pilling in. 5 - 10 - 15 e's - anything to prevent seeing their dull drivel.

I appreciate what you and others have been saying about Lambeth, but I’m judging Labour by their performance in national government against the performance of the tories in national government. They are still the only two choices available and time is running out for too many essential public services.

Sorry haven't had time to keep up properly with this thread.

Lambeth is relevant to national government. As I said Lambeth Labour leadership hate Corbyn and all he stands for. Things have moved on since last post. The leaked manifesto looks to me that it's dealing with issues that ordinary Labour voters want. ( From my reading of the Mirror).

Why Lambeth is relevant is that ,as I have explained, have alternative to Corbyn. That is Blairite middle ground.

This does nothing for the people in the estate near me.

Looking at the manifesto I don't see anything that should upset people.Except those on £80 000. True to form the London daily paper Evening Standard ( editor is Osborne) has run piece on why those on £80 000 are not "rich".

The Corbyn manifesto is hardly calling for the overthrow of Capitalism. It's imo mildly left of centre social democratic.

You are right about one thing, mikey mikey. You really do deserve to go on ignore. I find that my urban experience is much enriched by putting people on ignore when their posts are consistently excessively boring.

I was really hoping at some point you might say something interesting, but all you do is argue against people who aren't even here.

He is the only person I have on ignore, somehow he is worse than the Clintonite wankers that have ruined the World politics subforum.

Looking at the manifesto I don't see anything that should upset people.
I think it was a very neat idea to leak it so that the policies could make it into front page news relatively undiluted, without needing to be defended... because yes unless you're a total sociopath you can't really object to any of the aims!

So the only way to attack it is to say it's unrealistic and not fundable. Which hopefully makes people pause and think "WHY is it unrealistic for our society to have these aims? How much do I want this society to exist, and how much are we willing to contribute to create it?"

I think these are good questions to put in peoples' heads. People aren't stupid but we do get caught up in playing roles and taking sides, sometimes i reckon it is good to go back to basics to cut through this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom