Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

There could be an election though. It would require a two thirds vote of MPs for it, so for Lab and Con to agree to it essentially.

Indeed.

It rather puts Labour into the 'turkeys voting for Christmas' category though. They have seldom been less ready for an election.

There could be an election though. It would require a two thirds vote of MPs for it, so for Lab and Con to agree to it essentially.
well yes but its fairyland stuff for political journos, paid to know this shit to be talking about 'if mrs may calls a snap election' as if Darth May actually has the power to do it

Bimbleclot is the last person on this forum to start chucking around accusations of racism.

Maybe hold yer hand up to to your blackface nonsense first.

Hi DrDing. Hows it going.
I never called you a racist did I, just wished you well on your journey up the mountain, you plucky Sherpa you.

If you think I'm a racist please say why you think so:
Is it because of my dodgy hairdo ?
Or is it because I rejoice in sipping the blood of palestinian babies.
Could you clarify? Maybe its both.

Actually I can't be arsed, would rather sort out my sock drawer than try to engage in conversation with you.

Last edited:
. It is Militant all over again, except that this time they have their man in the driving seat.

amazing how you can sound so sure of yourself, whilst at the same showing clearly you havent got a scooby doo what your actually talking about.

Especially so, with your track record of total ignorance / reactionary cretinism re: Liverpool related matters of the 80's.

With Labour rubbing along at 26%, I would hazard a guess that there won't be too many Labour MP's who'll be wildly keen on walking into the 'yay' lobby - the true believers might want to go for it, but there are lots of Labour MP's who have no intention of foregoing another 3 years on an MP's salary...

There's also a legitimate political calculation - at the moment the Tories have a limited, if not wafer thin majority. Labour can stop things, they can certainly blunt things - if they go for an election and, if the polls are correct, get an absolute fucking rodding and the Tories walk back in with a 100 seat majority, then there's no stopping and no blunting anything.

Indeed.

It rather puts Labour into the 'turkeys voting for Christmas' category though. They have seldom been less ready for an election.

They are so tied up in their own bubble, believing they can win by getting ordinary non voters to vote, they might just agree to it.

Hi DrDing. Hows it going.
I never called you a racist did I, just wished you well on your journey up the mountain, you plucky Sherpa you.

If you think I'm a racist please say why you think so:
Is it because of my dodgy hairdo ?
Or is it because I rejoice in sipping the blood of palestinian babies.
Could you clarify? Maybe its both.

Actually I can't be arsed, would rather sort out my sock drawer than try to engage in conversation with you.

Here's a simple illustration why blackface is not ok...

What's offensive about blackface? Imagine you're from another planet...

With Labour rubbing along at 26%, I would hazard a guess that there won't be too many Labour MP's who'll be wildly keen on walking into the 'yay' lobby - the true believers might want to go for it, but there are lots of Labour MP's who have no intention of foregoing another 3 years on an MP's salary...

There's also a legitimate political calculation - at the moment the Tories have a limited, if not wafer thin majority. Labour can stop things, they can certainly blunt things - if they go for an election and, if the polls are correct, get an absolute fucking rodding and the Tories walk back in with a 100 seat majority, then there's no stopping and no blunting anything.
labour rightist in a safe seat might think it worth a go to topple the Glorious Leader but no one in a marginal is ever going to go for it. Libs and SNP wouldn't either

labour rightist in a safe seat might think it worth a go to topple the Glorious Leader but no one in a marginal is ever going to go for it. Libs and SNP wouldn't either

True, if you've a safe seat then a snap election means no boundary commission changes, and no deselection problems, and a calculation that when Labour gets trounced all the Corbynites will just piss off back to trotland and trouble you no more...

Are there enough of the anti-Corbynites in really, really safe seats to do the business though?

Personally I don't think May is interested - her 'brand' is serious government for serious times, and having said there will be no election she'll fear that if she starts tinkering with the image she might cause the whole thing to fall apart.

She also knows that if she can get the boundary changes through then Labour is fucked, that the Tories and Labour could swap places in the polls and she'd still be in with a chance of getting enough of a result to stay in government.

The temptation to try an engineer a snap election must be significant, but it also has risks, whereas waiting till 2020 probably carries fewer, or just different risks.

And as I'm drunk on a Monday evening:

"The Houses of Parliament - you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

DrRingDing What is the plan. How are you as a sincere and dedicated trooper / Sherpa going to help Corbyn to the summit?

Eeww. Nope. I'm not Labour nor a Corbynista. I loathe the blairites, blair and his little helpers.

Blair needs to face some prosecution in at least some form. He'll never end up in the Hague but the outside chance of a corbyn government is obviously focussing old Tone's attention.

Oh. I'm disappointed. Thought you were a trooper.

Do we have anywhere on this website a person who is a proper articulate conscious Sherpa For Corbyn and not just an anti-Zio confused waste of time?

who the fuck are you again ?
Who am I? Jeez, I don't know. Good question.

I'm just some random person from the internet, surprised by DrRingDing saying he's not a Momentum soldier, cos I thought he was.
How would you like me to define myself, I'm willing to try.
Who are you again cantsin ?

Last edited:
Who am I? Jeez, I don't know. Good question.

I'm just some random person from the internet, surprised by DrRingDing saying he's not a Momentum soldier, cos I thought he was.
How would you like me to define myself, I'm willing to try.
Who are you again cantsin ?

it's just a lot of empty noise pal

Agreed. I don't care who you are either.
was just saying, if DrDing isn't a sherpa who here is. I thought there were loads.

I've read so called expert political journos at the guardian and the beeb talking about 'If Mrs May were to call a snap election' as if there never was a fixed term act. Its either thickness from blustering posh journo cunts or outright dishonest reportage

She could always just repeal (or amend) it using her mighty majority (and the Parliament Act if necessary).

She could always just repeal (or amend) it using her mighty majority (and the Parliament Act if necessary).
no snap about that though is there? The way these press clowns go on its as if it could be called tomorrow. Mechanisms may exist but they will need work. In any case she'd be better off letting the labour party continue to fuck itself up and clean up in 2020. It may seem like strategic sense to try it (however tortuous the process may be) now but why bother. Let the labour right plp do the heavy lifting.

shambles

no snap about that though is there? The way these press clowns go on its as if it could be called tomorrow. Mechanisms may exist but they will need work. In any case she'd be better off letting the labour party continue to fuck itself up and clean up in 2020. It may seem like strategic sense to try it (however tortuous the process may be) now but why bother. Let the labour right plp do the heavy lifting.

shambles

I suspect part of why the press is so cavalier, in talking as though calling an immediate election were a trivial matter, is to maintain pressure against the leftward tendency and Corbyn in particular.

If there's no election until 2020 and everybody knows it, the screaming urgency of removing Corbyn right now and replacing him with someone who fully understands the importance of fellating billionaires, goes away to some degree.

Last edited:

Or perhaps the people in marginal seats would go for the nuclear option, thinking they could rescue their seats by getting a new more populist leader.

Or perhaps the people in marginal seats would go for the nuclear option, thinking they could rescue their seats by getting a new more populist leader.

It's still early and my sarcasm meter may not be working yet, but are you seriously suggesting that right-wing Labour MPs in marginal seats will vote for an early GE in the expectation that they will lose their seats, on the basis that they hope that a new "moderate" Labour leader will emerge from the wreckage and they themselves may win back their seats (assuming they're still even the candidate) five years further down the line?

That's a cunning plan of truely epic proportions :thumbs:

How do sherpas normally help people to the top?

hard on the fucking clutch

6285922039_e264e83ffd.jpg

I like watching the politics shows on a Sunday morning with a bacon roll and cup of coffee - Shami's answer to the 'if you don't like them why do you send your kids to them' question was awful.

it was horrible, is still reverberating around soc media, and she's going to to have to trot it out for as long as she's in the shad cabinet/ grammar school roll out is on the agenda...painful.

Throw in Abbot / the dismal Thornberry / Seamus H all with sprogs in selective schools, and it just makes a mockery of Labour's current opposition to Grammars, something they could be really strong on. Depressing.

( Cue more Butchers "anarchists policing the Lab. borders" jibes, which are both warranted / quite funny :(
not that I'd ever self describe as an anarcho, but I get his point. )

Back
Top Bottom