Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

despite being young, hip and happening, i've never heard of any of those people - and what the fuck is a 'MJ from Hookworm'?

Paul Weller Supergroup To Play Concert For Corbyn | MOJO

Weller creating a supergroup to endorse Corbyjn, etc, suprised though he had become cynical about politics gone down the purely hedonist route;.

despite being an old fart who knows who Paul Weller is and indeed remembers him from the first time (ish..), i'm afraid i have not one single clue who any of the other other artistes or acts are.

Onwards Comrades! first Brighton and a load of people no one has ever heard of, next, probably not 80+ Tory marginal constitiuancies!

saves time, means you can avoid all the tedious arguing about anti-Semitism vs anti-Zionism and just crack into the old favourites the crowd have come to see.

can you get the lyric 'Blood debt' into a song about 'international finance'? will we soon find out?
i'm sure you can, it's probably called 'rootless cosmopolitans'

tosh.

if the labour party in parliament had lined up behind corbyn last year rather than doing their damndest to undermine him from the word go, then the history of the last 18 months would be very different. the prospects for 2020 would be very different. but any attempts he has made to hold the government to account have been stymied by the activities of wreckers and traitors, which have received rather more media attention than corbyn's efforts.

No, not tosh, which you actually acknowledge with your use of 'if'.

No, not tosh, which you actually acknowledge with your use of 'if'.
By no means. Had the PLP not chucked their toys out the pram and made the best of things labour would be in a better position, and the tories in a worse. It's to do with the (im)maturity of Labour MPs who have dragged the party down with their wrecker ways. The current abysmal position the fault not of the members and supporters but of a couple of hundred people in Westminster.

By no means. Had the PLP not chucked their toys out the pram and made the best of things labour would be in a better position, and the tories in a worse. It's to do with the (im)maturity of Labour MPs who have dragged the party down with their wrecker ways. The current abysmal position the fault not of the members and supporters but of a couple of hundred people in Westminster.

I would suggest that the couple of hundred people in Westminster have their feet on the ground, and realise no matter how much the ultra-left support Corbyn, the vast majority of the population do not.

At the moment, I should imagine that the vast majority of the PLP are more anxious about their individual seats, than they are about a Labour election victory. Corbyn's Shadow Cabinet appointments have made it clear that he is extraordinarily vindictive, sane Labour MPs will be very worried about deselection by the ultra-left.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum in the Labour Party, and no one seems to have the inclination, or energy to remove them. It is Militant all over again, except that this time they have their man in the driving seat.

You are absolutely right though, when you say that this continued fuckwittery on the part of Labour, is giving the Conservatives a free run.

I would suggest that the couple of hundred people in Westminster have their feet on the ground, and realise no matter how much the ultra-left support Corbyn, the vast majority of the population do not.

At the moment, I should imagine that the vast majority of the PLP are more anxious about their individual seats, than they are about a Labour election victory. Corbyn's Shadow Cabinet appointments have made it clear that he is extraordinarily vindictive, sane Labour MPs will be very worried about deselection by the ultra-left.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum in the Labour Party, and no one seems to have the inclination, or energy to remove them. It is Militant all over again, except that this time they have their man in the driving seat.

You are absolutely right though, when you say that this continued fuckwittery on the part of Labour, is giving the Conservatives a free run.
I would suggest most people have their feet on the ground. But not me, up on a footstool

If you actually think that Militant in the 1980s and what is happening now are even similar then you really haven't got a clue!

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

It is the politically naive who have destabilised Labour, by re-electing Corbyn.

They had their fun in electing him the first time, but have failed to join the world of 'grown up'* politics, by electing him again.

*Only the very naive could possibly think that Labour could win an election under Corbyn. Labour should be surging in the polls at the moment, but they are clearly not. If May calls a snap election, Labour are beyond fucked, and frankly, it serves them right.

Speaking of political naivety, you do realise that due to the Fixed Term Parliaments Act, May couldn't call a snap election if her life depended on it?

Hmm, thought not. :facepalm:

I've read so called expert political journos at the guardian and the beeb talking about 'If Mrs May were to call a snap election' as if there never was a fixed term act. Its either thickness from blustering posh journo cunts or outright dishonest reportage

despite being young, hip and happening, i've never heard of any of those people - and what the fuck is a 'MJ from Hookworm'?

despite being an old fart who knows who Paul Weller is and indeed remembers him from the first time (ish..), i'm afraid i have not one single clue who any of the other other artistes or acts are.

Onwards Comrades! first Brighton and a load of people no one has ever heard of, next, probably not 80+ Tory marginal constitiuancies!

soooo..you haven't "heard of " : Djano Django / Paloma Faith , Bombay B Club, Temples , Enter Shikari,Robert Wyatt.....and think they constitute "a load of people no one has ever heard of " ?

You sound like you really know what you're talking about here...good stuff :thumbs:

There could be an election though. It would require a two thirds vote of MPs for it, so for Lab and Con to agree to it essentially.

With people like DrRingDing and Tony Greenstein as your sherpas aint no mountain high enough.

Bimbleclot is the last person on this forum to start chucking around accusations of racism.

Maybe hold yer hand up to to your blackface nonsense first.

Back
Top Bottom