Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Chris Bryant (aka 'The Vicar') is on the political council of the Henry Jackson Society, along with fellow headbangers Gisela Stuart and Ben 'BBC' Bradshaw.

Eagle "I'll run soon if Corbyn doesn't step down"

Angela Eagle says she has support to "resolve this impasse" over the Labour Party leadership "if Jeremy doesn't take action soon".

The former shadow business secretary gave her strongest indication yet that a leadership challenge is imminent, telling Sky News: "I have the support to run and resolve this impasse and I will do so if Jeremy doesn't take action soon."

"I'll do it"
-go on then

"I'll really REALLY do it"
- go on then

"I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY going to do it!"
- Go on then

"I'm OFFICIALLY REAAAAAALY GOING TO DO IT VERY SOON!"
- Go On THEN!

Christ almighty.

I am being really thick and missing some tactical play here?

How is the publication of the report (that you voted against) into an incredibly unpopular war that you supported going to help your cause? Surely Chilcot is going to boost Corbyn and Momentum if anything. The only thing I can think is that they are hoping that after Chilcot Corbyn will be willing to resign.

More from: I See You Stories

[/snip]

.....But you got caught up in it regardless, Angela Eagle, and you've prematurely thrown your hat into the ring.

I see you, Angela Eagle, looking up at the moon and dreaming of new horizons. I see the throng behind you, pushing you towards the great scaffolding, Hilary Benn whispering in your ear that there's a whole new world out there to conquer. I see the crowd of 172 behind you, chanting your name in a low whisper, supportive but hardly vocal. I see them carry you on their shoulders, hosting you into the cockpit, strapping you in. You're in a rocket the PLP built for you out of the debris of New Labour, and your fuel is the quiet groundswell of rebellion.

I hear the engines roaring, Angela Eagle, and I see you pushed back into your seat by the rising G-force. I see the tears streaming from your ecstatic eyes as you're elevated from your position, blasting into the stratosphere, the PLP fading beneath you just as quickly as they first raised you up. I see you firing past the clouds, the great cheer of apparent victory bursting from your throat as you pierce the heavens.

I see the engines gutter and flicker out, Angela Eagle, silent in the void of space. I see the bright and glorious moon, a new political landscape just out of reach. You're out of gas, Angela Eagle, pushed up in to the stillness of oblivion and away from the cacophony below.

I see you drifting, Angela Eagle, the support below you now a thousand miles away. I see you frown. This isn't quite the glorious new dawn you were expecting, is it? It's like coming fourth all over again. Oh well. At least from this weird abyssal limbo you can look down and watch it go to shit all over again when the Chilcot Report comes out.

The Eagle hasn't quite landed, has it?

I see you, Angela Eagle. I fucking see you.

We know that, but it looks close enough. You're being left behind by the tide of history here.
No one says there's been a bloodless coop.
It's coo.
So it doesn't make sense to write chicken coup. Chickens don't coo. Pigeons do.

Back
Top Bottom