Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is there a reason for the riots?

You are seriously claiming that this incident is akin to those two things?
absolutely not, as you well know. i was explaining why i believe acab. i was referring to what underlies my violent hatred towards the filth. i was referencing the formative experiences that have led me, a basically nice bloke from a good background, to cheer when police are killed or injured.
the reason i've done this is to shed light on the motivations of those who want to attack the police. people like me

Not true. Watch it again. That is not true.

But then you're seeing it through copper eyes, aren't you, copper?

Please, watch the video again. For almost all of the clip even the camera (which is of course probably not at the same line of sight as the person filming) has a good view of what is going on, interrupted only by the Inspector standing in front of it a few times. From 1:06 onwards the person filming had an unobstructed view of the stop, until at 1:21 or so he walks over to the PC and tells him to get out of the way.

Please, watch the video again. For almost all of the clip even the camera (which is of course probably not at the same line of sight as the person filming) has a good view of what is going on, interrupted only by the Inspector standing in front of it a few times. From 1:06 onwards the person filming had an unobstructed view of the stop, until at 1:21 or so he walks over to the PC and tells him to get out of the way.
fss. He says 'mind out of my way man' at 25 seconds. And he says it in the form of a request - that is using a friendly, deliberately non-confrontational intonation. He then starts becoming agitated because the copper doesn't get out of the way.

Like I said. Copper eyes. Push comes to shove and coppers will always stand by other coppers. They'll lie, dissemble and break the law to protect their fellow officers. And you wonder why people think acab?

'Dr David Lewis Baker
Bath

• For many years I taught a final-year undergraduate course on the uprisings of the peasants and artisans that swept across large parts of 17th-century France. Buildings were attacked, their contents pillaged, crops destroyed and occasionally a perceived oppressor was killed. Had my students explained it all by simply invoking feral criminality they would have failed.'

Letter in the G..

It's classic fucking copper activity. Deliberately, yet carelessly, escalating the situation, and then exploding into violence. Then blame the victim afterwards. Always. Always always.

See, agricola, there are lots of people on here, me included, who have seen all this before. And who have seen other coppers lie and dissemble after the fact to cover up their colleagues' mistakes.

fss. He says 'mind out of my way man' at 25 seconds. And he says it in the form of a request - that is using a friendly, deliberately non-confrontational intonation. He then starts becoming agitated because the copper doesn't get out of the way.

Like I said. Copper eyes. Push comes to shove and coppers will always stand by other coppers. They'll lie, dissemble and break the law to protect their fellow officers. And you wonder why people think acab?

I am seriously beginning to think we are watching two different videos. For nearly all of the video I was watching, the camera has a good view of that stop as the person filming moves around, or because there arent any police officers or members of the public blocking its view of the stop. There are one or two bits where the Inspector is stood in front of it. After 1:06, it has an unobstructed view - ironically enough given your point above because the Inspector has got out of the way - and it remains unobstructed until the person filming walks over to the PC and says what he does.

Before anything is said - does the officer move over and attempt to obstruct his view whilst he is filming, or not?

He does. Does this substantially affect the filmers view of what is going on? No. Does the officer move out of the way in the end? Yes.

It's classic fucking copper activity. Deliberately, yet carelessly, escalating the situation, and then exploding into violence. Then blame the victim afterwards. Always. Always always.

See, agricola, there are lots of people on here, me included, who have seen all this before. And who have seen other coppers lie and dissemble after the fact to cover up their colleagues' mistakes.

They even did it on that reality documentary series where they filmed coppers. (I'm not sure what it was called, but I've a feeling it was called "Coppers". Anyway.) You saw it time and time again -- escalate, escalate, escalate, violence.

The fact that you can't see what's wrong with behaving like that agricola says it all. That low level use of power to harass and intimidate. Constant petty bothering, day after day, week after week. You lot really need to get that into your heads. And you're one the more reasonable ones. I shudder to think what the reaction would be from other coppers.

He does. Does this substantially affect the filmers view of what is going on? No. Does the officer move out of the way in the end? Yes.

does this pass for logic among your lot?

let's consider a video of saddam's execution.
was the man hanging at the beginning of the clip?
was the man hanging at the end of the clip?
qed, he was not hanged

fucktard

The fact that you can't see what's wrong with behaving like that agricola says it all. That low level use of power to harass and intimidate. Constant petty bothering, day after day, week after week. You lot really need to get that into your heads.

er - where have I said that there was nothing wrong with behaving like that? All I did was point out what was actually on the video, which some here were claiming was clear evidence of fascism.

But not before he's needlessly provoked the lad doing the filming and made himself look a bit of a cunt in the process. And have his behaviour reflect on everyone else wearing the uniform. Great.

But not before he's needlessly provoked the lad doing the filming and made himself look a bit of a cunt in the process. And have his behaviour reflect on everyone else wearing the uniform. Great.

TBF the filmer didnt appear to need that much provocation.

er - where have I said that there was nothing wrong with behaving like that? All I did was point out what was actually on the video, which some here were claiming was clear evidence of fascism.
Fair enough then - what was wrong with the police behaviour in that clip in your view?

If anybody else behaved like the police did in that video, or even behaved in a way remotely approaching it, they would be judged to be violent and could be expected to be charged. There is no justification they could possibly give.

So why are the police held to a considerably lower standard than the rest of us? Shouldn't they be examples of the right way to behave? How can we be surprised when youths react to minor provocation with violence when the police are demonstrating to them on a daily basis that this is what they should expect, that this is appropriate?

Can you make out the legal rationale for them jumping the guy who was filming?

I heard something about wanting to search him for a weapon and 'you wanted a fight didn't you?' but it's not exactly clear what their excuse was to me.

Their reason on the other hand, seemed quite clear ... they didn't like being filmed so they escalated the situation until they felt comfortable jumping on the guy filming.

Fair enough then - what was wrong with the police behaviour in that clip in your view?

Its difficult to answer that without knowing the background to, and context of, the stop, after all the only bit we have seen is what the person filming it has shown us. On the basis of the footage alone, it is perhaps wrong to approach the camera and try and block it - but to be fair to the Inspector it appears that once he realises this (that at that stage the person is filming and not trying to disrupt things) he walks off and allows the bloke to continue filming.

One should also point out that for a good proportion of that stop the person filming is not the only witness to what is going on - there is a bloke in the shop doorway, a woman who the officers speak to and a few other passers by who take less notice.

Back
Top Bottom