Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

this is the guy he was Hilariously Trolling there.
At Musk's current trajectory, he is going to be banning all Icelandic Twitter accounts.
TBH Although this is hyperbole, I wouldn't place money on him not doing that.

what the hell happened to him to make him this awful i still find it kind of baffling

He's got the energy of a bitter divorcee going through a mid-life crisis. He has more money than God but none of it can buy true respect and admiration, so he's lauded by lickspittles and sycophants while being dunked on by the rest of the internet. I suspect that he knows on some level that the people blowing smoke up his ass are as fake as a tin schilling, and that's giving him a festering narcissistic injury that's certainly not going away, assuming it's not becoming an increasingly cankerous sore spot.

what the hell happened to him to make him this awful i still find it kind of baffling
thinks he is cool because he went on Joe Rogan and smoked a spliff. has it in his head that owning a few SJW tic tockers is the height of subversive cool - which it is, to an army of poisionous online cunts. the narcissistic false-self built to cover terrifying pain and insecurity then rolls on from there :) is probably so online that he does not know the meaning of the words "self reflection" and "quiet contemplation" - all essential pre-requisites for any decent life lived.

he's a very rich, very powerful Debate Lord, a Logic Bro, achieving and winning his way into the seventh circle of hell.

that's my very deep and thorough analysis.

Last edited:
I'm glad that guy seems to be taking his shoddy treatment so well. A lot of people might otherwise have been cowed into silence by the threat of damaging their career prospects.
Musk's reputation is now so low that saying this will probably do him no harm in future employment.

Edit: added 'no' in front of harm. I meant "no harm".

Last edited:
I don't think we're giving his apartheid upbringing enough credit here. Thats where he learned to think of people as things.
thinks he is cool because he went on Joe Rogan and smoked a spliff. has it in his head that owning a few SJW tic tockers is the height of subversive cool - which it is, to an army of poisionous online cunts. the narcissistic false-self built to cover terrifying pain and insecurity then rolls on from there :) is probably so online that he does not know the meaning of the words "self reflection" and "quiet contemplation" - all essential pre-requisites for any decent life lived.

he's a very rich, very powerful Debate Lord, a Logic Bro, achieving and winning his way into the seventh circle of hell.

that's my very deep and thorough analysis.

I'm glad that guy seems to be taking his shoddy treatment so well. A lot of people might otherwise have been cowed into silence by the threat of damaging their career prospects.

The guy is a disabled tech bro who is pro trans rights and sold his tech co to Twatter, his career prospects are fine and he’s had plenty of abuse from more interesting people and come out fighting.

All the people who've paid for a blue tick with their awful, disgusting responses - it's sad that they'd choose to side with this terrible person and say those things.
I know, don't read the comments...

Fuming with EM that he brought up the guy's disability to twist his words and use against him, because of course there'd be dickheads accusing him of wanting "special treatment."
He must've heard words to that effect so many times just for going about his life and maybe wanting very basic human rights.

This sort of response needs to happen more often :)

j4bsx66fp7ma1.jpg

I reckon a Comp Sci researcher at MIT can code a lot better than me. But then I’m crap at it.

I'm not really sure what an API is but I don't think that should bar me from applying :)
API stands for Application Programming Interface and is a method for external programs to query and get data from an application.

These are quite often web interfaces. A fairly simple one is the UK river levels API. Here: Real-time API reference

For example, https://environment.data.gov.uk/flood-monitoring/id/stations?search=River+Wey will return all the monitoring stations on the River Wey

The complicated bit is ensuring that the API requests are decoded correctly and the correct data is returned to the user requesting the data.

The code for searching through billions of tweets and returning the correct data while not crashing the system must be pretty complex. This the Jackanory version; I would expect the actual implementation to be horrendously complicated that takes dozens of people to understand and this group would have years of expertise, even if it is properly documented.

It's lucky that Twitter has a genius in charge who fully understands these things.

Elon Musk’s bodyguards follow him around the office—even to the restroom, Twitter employee says

According to the employee—who still works at Twitter’s headquarters in San Francisco and spoke to the BBC under the condition of anonymity—Musk is always accompanied to work by multiple bodyguards.

“Wherever he goes in the office, there are at least two bodyguards—very bulky, tall, Hollywood movie-[style] bodyguards,” he said. “Even when [he goes] to the restroom.”

You know, I've had some really awful bosses, but I never thought of shanking them in the bathroom. There's a few that if they happened to be on fire, I woudn't so much as piss on, but that's another story.

This is clearly the result of the kind of corporate culture he's fostered. If you encourage obsessive behavior, expect obsessive behavior.

Back
Top Bottom