Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

I'd say Telegram has taken a lot of that function tbh, and it'll tend to accelerate because the team that used to monitor how authoritarian States were fucking with people got canned.
Interesting. I thought Telegram was mostly unencrypted too.

A genius's guide to business:
  1. Fire most of the dedicated people who knows how things work.
  2. Make random request for code changes.
  3. Break stuff as you've fired the most dedicated people who know how things work.
  4. Lose a lot of your user base
  5. Hire loads of new people to rewrite the code from scratch. costing more than the ones you fired.
  6. ????
  7. Profit

Interesting. I thought Telegram was mostly unencrypted too.
It's got encryption but does grab IP addresses, so Signal is safer in that sense (comparisons here). The big draw on Telegram though is it can handle groups of up to 200,000 in a more social media-ish setup with mostly "good enough" protection and isn't subject to the whims of Musk or Zuck. It's had breaches, but was also the big name during the Belarus protests rather than Twitter. And has been extremely influential in the Ukraine conflict.

Last edited:
  3. Break stuff as you've fired the most dedicated people who know how things work.
  5. Hire loads of new people to rewrite the code from scratch. costing more than the ones you fired.
  6. ????
  7. Profit
Don't forget a few weeks of seemingly manning the IT help desk

He'll crash, then get pissed or something on Bro Rogan and his career will start all over again. He just has to mumble some shit about you can't say anything any more and free speech and he'll be up and away again.

Never mind the picture, his tweet is astonishing. "I'm changing shit in a live environment without fully understanding what will happen. We have no mirror environment to test consequences in either".

"Just make code more efficient"

"Oh also prioritise my tweets and implement Twitter blue blue blue balls + by the end of play or your fired"

This sort of response needs to happen more often :)

j4bsx66fp7ma1.jpg

at this point, musk saying he's had a massive alcohol / coke problem, posted all the terrible memes whilst under the influence and is checking himself into rehab for a bit would be his actual best move reputationally and in terms of ever getting serious investment again, but he won't obvs.

at this point, musk saying he's had a massive alcohol / coke problem, posted all the terrible memes whilst under the influence and is checking himself into rehab for a bit would be his actual best move reputationally and in terms of ever getting serious investment again, but he won't obvs.

"I'm terribly sorry, I thought I was living in a computer simulation."

6. ????
  7. Profit
sounds like brexit :D

Back
Top Bottom