Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
Can anyone explain why the Irish border issue is such a big deal, and why reinstatement of the border could lead to a resurgence of sectarian violence?

Can anyone explain why the Irish border issue is such a big deal, and why reinstatement of the border could lead to a resurgence of sectarian violence?

We don't want a border in our country, Sas. A return to policed borders between the 26 counties and the occupied 6 would not be a good thing.

Despite what Johnson says about comparing it to Westminster and Camden, it's nothing of the sort. Nobody died because of congestion charges.

Well some of the Tory talk is that within a mile of the border the pissknees or HM customs will be able to stop and search anyone within that zone. Problem with that is their actions will take place in areas where their authority is not wanted or indeed needed. For Instance if I travel from my home town to Dundalk I travel through Cullaville, I can't imagine that the assertion of British authority will go down to well with either the residents or those travelling.

People voted for a border in Northern Ireland, surely they have to respect that decision?
Whoa no one voted for a border in Ireland. You need to remind yourself about the boundary commission which delineated it. The vote I think you're thinking of was to maintain it rather than to install it

But they're the wrong people, apparently.

I still think that if so many people in Northern Ireland really don't want a border between them and Eire, the solution is obvious...
What's that then? They should fuck off and join Ireland?

They're not NI mate...they're UK. United Kingdom, remember?

Not much UK solidarity in that idea, is there. I thought the UK was the most important thing in brexit, doing what's best for the UK? It seems more like little englanderism from here these days.

NI can choose to rejoin Ireland any time it likes, I doubt the timing of it would be for the convenience of people ready to sell them out though.

What's that then? They should fuck off and join Ireland?

They're not NI mate...they're UK. United Kingdom, remember?

Not much UK solidarity in that idea, is there. I thought the UK was the most important thing in brexit, doing what's best for the UK? It seems more like little englanderism from here these days.

NI can choose to rejoin Ireland any time it likes, I doubt the timing of it would be for the convenience of people ready to sell them out though.
:thumbs:

If there was a serious proposal for another referendum - for the negotiated deal or for remain - would there be riots?

How about you fuck off and stop following me around the threads. Once more and you're on ignore.
Ha! I posted in the Netflix one much earlier today *before* you rocked up and implied I was being racist, I mainline the Brexit one all the time, when I’m here.
I’d have absolutely no qualms with you putting me ignore :)

Ha! I posted in the Netflix one much earlier today *before* you rocked up and implied I was being racist, I mainline the Brexit one all the time, when I’m here.
I’d have absolutely no qualms with you putting me ignore :)
I didn't imply anything...you jumped into a conversation that was fuck all to do with you and started throwin shit at me...like you just did here.

I called you racist? You're a liar.

Anyway back on topic...

Back
Top Bottom