Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
The reciprocal landing rights thing should be relatively trivial to resolve. Way less complicated, way less contentious than stuff like goods.

It’s true that airlines based here could lose the right for intra-EU flights, but again there’s ways round that with establishing EU based operations companies.
Actually that won't work under ICAO law.. And not having that right of Cabotage means redoing All the time tables...

Unfortunately the man who did the aviation no deal paper his background 2as telecoms, and he got a lot of his stuff from a man whose background was environmental health

Today, I have mostly been buying soup.

But imagine the imagery if we went after them in Spitfires.

oh no, the Germans get much more excited by the UK calling our Eurofighters Typhoons (of straffing German troop trains fame) than they do about seeing a Spitfire.

W-Ordnance-LEAD-4C-Mar12.jpg

Hawker Typhoon, being beastly to the Germans.

RAF%20Typhoon%203.jpg

Eurofighter Typhoon. just called 'Eurofighter' by the Continentals...

I was specifically addressing the control of airspace.

EuroControl has 41 members. We don’t leave it by leaving the EU.

On EASA, fair enough, I’ll take your word for it. I don’t have knowledge on that.

Oi! Why did you tag me I don't care about things in the sky?

oh no, the Germans get much more excited by the UK calling our Eurofighters Typhoons (of straffing German troop trains fame) than they do about seeing a Spitfire.

RAF%20Typhoon%203.jpg

What is this,‘hate the hun day’? Did I miss a memo?

What is this,‘hate the hun day’? Did I miss a memo?

No, it's mild, gentle piss-taking between friends that ridicules petulant drunks who find themselves senior officials within the EU, and witless remainiacs who think that there'll be a war because some flights are delayed and that having to fill in some paperwork before enjoying a weekend in Barcelona genuinely is worse than the Black Death, the 1919 Influenza pandemic, and the end of Waitrose's free coffee offer all rolled into one...

No, it's mild, gentle piss-taking between friends that ridicules petulant drunks who find themselves senior officials within the EU, and witless remainiacs who think that there'll be a war because some flights are delayed and that having to fill in some paperwork before enjoying a weekend in Barcelona genuinely is worse than the Black Death, the 1919 Influenza pandemic, and the end of Waitrose's free coffee offer all rolled into one...

I thank you for your enlightening post. I honestly hadn’t considered that anyone could spend an enjoyable weekend in Barcelona.

The inhabitants of Barcelona would probably breathe a sigh of relief if most brits stopped pissing it up every weekend

RAF%20Typhoon%203.jpg

It's only got the name Typhoon at all for export reasons beyond Europe. BAES then went further with that and tried to make it the primary name, because they aspire to being global or at least American.

If I had to bet on it right now, I’d say it’s kick the can down the road.

The U.K. will ask for an extension. The EU will agree (but be grumbly).

Just seen a video on the internets where they say they will NEVER extend the process...

The way some people talk about a no deal Brexit, you'd think the UK would be in total darkness from sunrise until some point in the afternoon when the sun is over the Atlantic and the photons no longer needs to travel through European airspace.
well indeed...

i'm reminded of the wailing over the whether the EU would be able to sell Insulin to the UK post-Brexit, because of a lack of a joint regulatory framework. its fine to sell it to some shit-arse tip of a place like fucking Venezeula of course, but not the UK, because, you know, thicky racists...

The way some people talk about a no deal Brexit, you'd think the UK would be in total darkness from sunrise until some point in the afternoon when the sun is over the Atlantic and the photons no longer needs to travel over European countries.

Would love to see a second referendum but can't see it happening.

A General Election is even more unlikely in my mind.

Most probable outcome is May comes out with some form of 'deal' that isn't really a deal and kicks the can down the road for everything to be sorted after Britain leaves the EU in March 2019.

Meanwhile the rest of us suffer. Standard.

Back
Top Bottom