Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
More amusing that he seems to think British people take the cat on holiday to Brittany.

Getting a bit Billy Britain aren’t you? No wonder the theme of this week’s conference is blame the forriners.

Things like air travel run on agreements and regulations. We have to have those in place when we leave. We therefore better ask for a deal we can get.

do you not think that the EU should consider its own interests in this? do you think that if the EU refuses to recognise the UK's competancy, the UK will not recognise the EU's competancy and ban EU flights from UK air space?

the UK is perfectly happy to recognise the EU's regulatory framework, yet the EU seems unwilling to do likewise. 'lets stay in the EU' is not the message i'm getting here...

The reciprocal landing rights thing should be relatively trivial to resolve. Way less complicated, way less contentious than stuff like goods.

It’s true that airlines based here could lose the right for intra-EU flights, but again there’s ways round that with establishing EU based operations companies.

It’s true that airlines based here could lose the right for intra-EU flights, but again there’s ways round that with establishing EU based operations companies.

Such as all UK airlines that operate intra-European flights already have in place, and had done since way before June 2016...

Did Jean-Claude not mention, NATS controls roughly this area:

View attachment 148625

Better tell Lufthansa to amend their schedules.

Getting daft now.

ATC has no political dimension, just fee structures for passing through.

The European body that does the charging, and then distributes the fees to members, covers a fair of non EU countries.

Juncker is indeed being a dick on this.

Getting daft now.

ATC has no political dimension, just fee structures for passing through.

The European body that does the charging, and then distributes the fees to members, covers a fair of non EU countries.

Juncker is indeed being a dick on this.

Quite.

If the worst thing he can come up with is this nonsense, it seems quite clear that the only real obstacle to Brexit is the EU.

It's a link to a - shock, horror - web page with a video, as described in my post i.e. "from 2 minutes".

Your stupidity is your business but the question posed in the link and the awkwardness that followed is legit and valid - probably just best to assume you are another Brexit remainer who can't handle difficult questions.

I voted Leave you muppet. And you're lying - there's no awkward silence, the question is fielded and answered. The answers aren't great but then neither was the question and to be honest I don't expect much from Tories.

Quite.

If the worst thing he can come up with is this nonsense, it seems quite clear that the only real obstacle to Brexit is the EU.

There’s some things that are EU related that are challenging, and some things that aren’t - because they’re not really much to do with the EU.

Conflating both, to then say *everything* will disaster is just as bad as conflating both, to then say *everything* will be easy.

What there is a prospect we would stop the traffic?

theres been some EU briefing that the EU would be 'forced' to de-recognise UK competancy in enforcing EU wide (which the UK mostly wrote) directives on airport security (stuff like who gets airside, luggage screening etc..), and that as a tragic consequence flights originating from the UK could not cross EU controlled airspace because they might blow up.

the very obvious flaw being that if they decide that they can't trust the UK procedures because the EU and UK don't have a joint regulatary framework, we'll probably decide that we can't trust EU procedures because the UK and EU don't have a joint regulatory framework - which means flights originating in Ireland are going to a take a reeeeeaaaaally long time to get to the European manland, and trans-atlantic flights from the European mainland are going to use a lot more fuel than they do now.

It would help if our Govt proposed a workable deal then and all the daftness could be dispensed with.

they did. the EU replied with its standard 'nothing is agreed until everything is agreed'. you know, like they did on citizens rights...

SpackleFrog There’s no such thing as EU controlled airspace.

EuroControl isn’t in any material sense an EU body, and it doesn’t do ATC.

Did I say there was? Or anything about airspace?

I'm terrified of flying so I endeavour to know as little as possible about it and to fly as little as possible!

EASA is a EUropean body, and all our certification and therefore insurance would be invalid

I was specifically addressing the control of airspace.

EuroControl has 41 members. We don’t leave it by leaving the EU.

On EASA, fair enough, I’ll take your word for it. I don’t have knowledge on that.

Back
Top Bottom