Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If you have it, have had it, are pretty sure you have it, tell us about it?

Have you got the virus, had it, or recovered from it?

• I have the virus at the moment, pls post symptoms in thread ..

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • I had a mild case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I had a serious case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Someone I know has a serious case, and has not yet recovered ..

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Someone I know died from the virus

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I was tested, it was positive for the virus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I was tested, it was negative for the virus

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I am still healthy, with no evidence of infection

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I was contacted as part of contact tracing, pls post details

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am self isolating at the moment by my own choice

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I have been told to self isolate ..

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters

weltweit

This is a thread for people who actually have had the virus, or think pretty strongly that they have / had it, did you get a test? Did you self isolate? Go to hospital? Have you recovered? Did you have a mild case but recognised it? Or did you have a more serious case and have more trouble with it?

All of us a bit ill but very unlikely it's corona. Daughter snotty and bit poorly (but she's three and is snotty maybe 70% of the time), me and other half foggy tired (but she isn't sleeping and I'm not sleeping enough), other half has a cough and I have mild tonsillitis (but I have had tonsillitis on and off since december so meh).

Me and other half not right since about tea time last night so just not going out anywhere over weekend and see where we are on sunday night. By mid afternoon daughter will be crawling the walls

Poll added, hope I didn't overdo it :)
It's more complex than I would have gone for but it raised some interesting answers I didn't consider.

I've put healthy and also that I've been contacted due to contact tracing. The lass I sit next to at work has been off the past week ill. Her parents are waiting for the result of a test as they came in contact with a positive person at church.

If the parents have it, then it's almost certain she'll have it (she lives at home). My office is tiny so I sit very close to her and so there's a fair chance she has passed it to me.

The other person in our office has been sneezing and had cold-like symptoms for a fortnight or so. Could be nothing, but he said he's not usually ill for this long, if at all.

Both the people I work with are young (19 and 22), so would expect to get mild symptoms.

MV5BMjMxNjA4MjQ1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjUwMjU2MjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Felt rough for some of the week but had a bad chest come on yesterday. Partner is also the same. She's coughing a bit but I'm not really. I never get a bad chest either. Both been feeling slightly light headed all week as well.

Getting slight hot and cold chills too.

Aching joints and no energy in my legs but not sure if it's Covid. Just hoping it doesn't get any worse, could just be normal cold/flu, but had that about a month ago.

The problem is unless our lungs stop working and we have to phone 999, how are any of us going to know ?
If I get sick, unless the authorities are desperate to come to the front door to swab me I'm going to stay indoors. I have several months' supply of food if I'm stuck.
At least I now have a starting point for "fever" - albeit a weird 35 degrees both sub-lingual and under the armpit.
I had "flu" two weeks ago in spite of being vaccinated and am still weary and coughing up sputum - which is very unusual for me.
I may have been super-spreading for weeks ...

You’re really fucking rude. People are nervous and confused. Maybe you should just stick to the health professional thread as your bedside manner fucking stinks.

Rude, blunt, harsh, whatever...

People need to look at the official advice and follow that. There's a whole load of people self isolating, calling 111 or 999, or turning up at their GPs against advice, and telling others to do the same and saying they might have it with no justification, and/or demanding testing, and it's causing huge amounts of stress and complications for the health service and confusing other people. It's fine to be nervous and scared, but people really need to think about the consequences of their actions and what bollocks advice or details they tell people or splurge all over social media, behaving badly could well cause unneeded deaths and problems.

People need to look at the official advice and follow that. There's a whole load of people self isolating, calling 111 or 999, or turning up at their GPs against advice, and telling others to do the same and saying they might have it with no justification, and/or demanding testing, and it's causing huge amounts of stress and complications for the health service and confusing other people. It's fine to be nervous and scared, but people really need to think about the consequences of their actions and what bollocks advice or details they tell people or splurge all over social media, behaving badly could well cause unneeded deaths and problems.
Self-isolating does not cause unneeded deaths or problems. Some of your other points I agree with, but in no way is staying at home adding to the burden of any needed services.

But you had a go at me yesterday for not self isolating when I’m unlikely to have it.
Either way, maybe you should try and be a bit kinder.

Self-isolating does not cause unneeded deaths or problems. Some of your other points I agree with, but in no way is staying at home adding to the burden of any needed services.

It does when they're then telling other people they've been in contact with they're doing it, as it's making them panic too, especially if they're saying things that are confusing.

Anyway, fair enough, I'll leave it here. I'll go and work on my sympathy a bit more.

It could be their last, selfless, act
But even then it wouldn’t be entirely accurate. You would either need an “I am about to die, and my last action before finding the answer to the ultimate question of the abyss is to post on Urban” option”

Unless you set up a kind of dead man switch. Holding your finger above the voting button so that as you draw your terminal breath the lifeless, yet still warm and capacitive finger of your corpse hits the button. ...

I had what seemed to be swine flu 10 years ago, and the main thing about it was the very high very quickly temperature. Went up to 105 over the space of a day. I was fairly delirious by then and incapable of much, though did know enough to get the Dr to send me Tamiflu. Was Ill for only a week though.

The high temperature and a headache seem to be defining symptoms of c19 in early stages of infection (first 3 days). Other symptoms do seem to carry on for weeks.

I had what seemed to be swine flu 10 years ago, and the main thing about it was the very high very quickly temperature. Went up to 105 over the space of a day. I was fairly delirious by then and incapable of much, though did know enough to get the Dr to send me Tamiflu. Was Ill for only a week though.

The high temperature and a headache seem to be defining symptoms of c19 in early stages of infection (first 3 days). Other symptoms do seem to carry on for weeks.

Interestingly the 2009 H1N1 swine flue strain appears to be the most prevalent seasonal flu in the UK at the moment.

My sister in law has suddenly come down with flu like symptoms, fever and in pain. She's studying to become a midwife so does a lot of work experience at the hospital. She's been told to self isolate for 2 weeks at my mother in laws (who is much higher risk) but they not going to test her for covid 19. Chances are it's a nasty flu bug, but really how will we know 😕

My sister in law has suddenly come down with flu like symptoms, fever and in pain. She's studying to become a midwife so does a lot of work experience at the hospital. She's been told to self isolate for 2 weeks at my mother in laws (who is much higher risk) but they not going to test her for covid 19. Chances are it's a nasty flu bug, but really how will we know 😕

The testing policy is pathetic

Back
Top Bottom