Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I love you, you play my Trent: Liverpool 21/22

Quite a few claims being made by the French regarding the ' stadium management ' issues at the final :
* 70% of tickets presented by Liverpool were fakes
*40-60k turned up with either no tickets of fake tickets at the stadium .

I find it weird that a massive event like this is still relying on paper tickets. How come they haven't got with the QR codes and ID yet? Seems to me this would largely solve the issue of 'fake' tickets.
You can just as easily be sold a fake QR code and that would delay entry just as much.

You can just as easily be sold a fake QR code and that would delay entry just as much.

Sure but at least it could then allow for a legit platform to take responsibility, where genuine tickets could be bought/re-sold instantly rather than having to gamble with some random person on the street and dubious physical tickets.

It seems to work well enough for virtually every gig, plane and train I've used in the last decade.

Sure but at least it could then allow for a legit platform to take responsibility, where genuine tickets could be bought/re-sold instantly rather than having to gamble with some random person on the street and dubious physical tickets.

It seems to work well enough for virtually every gig, plane and train I've used in the last decade.

I'm not so sure. For instance I had four QR guest tickets for a festival at the weekend and I was told all I had to do was send a photo of each to my friends who were arriving later as there was no re-entry for me. I could have sent those QR codes to forty people and 37 would have been refused entry.
Admittedly that was a quite a lax system but there's nothing to stop someone doing elaborate copies with peoples names on them.

Football and the culture of fandom associated with it is the problem. People understandably get more exited about getting into a final than a gig, train or plane and there'll always be people taking a chance and there will always be others who want to exploit those fans with fakes whether they be paper or digital.

I'm not so sure. For instance I had four QR guest tickets for a festival at the weekend and I was told all I had to do was send a photo of each to my friends who were arriving later as there was no re-entry for me. I could have sent those QR codes to forty people and 37 would have been refused entry.
Admittedly that was a quite a lax system but there's nothing to stop someone doing elaborate copies with peoples names on them.

Football and the culture of fandom associated with it is the problem. People understandably get more exited about getting into a final than a gig, train or plane and there'll always be people taking a chance and there will always be others who want to exploit those fans with fakes whether they be paper or digital.

That's precisely the issue, all tickets should be controlled by one central authority which expressly warns not to buy tickets from anywhere but there, all issued by QR code which is tied to that person by name and photo (with ID). So the only place that you can buy or return a ticket is from that one platform.

Even if someone took it upon themselves to create some elaborate swizz by punting on fake QR codes or already-allocated ones with names and photos, at the very least it puts in a barrier of hassle which makes it much harder than exchanging nameless paper tickets for cash money on the street and provides a platform that people should be able to trust. Surely UEFA with all their zillions of swiss francs in the bank could sort that much out.

People know the fake tickets thing is an excuse. The crowd was full of journalists filming the bloody thing, all saying the same thing about dangerous organization, locked gates, pepper spray and tear gas. Everyone is saying this apart from French government politicians and the police.

If this fuck up had been at a political protest or demonstration in France or the UK it would be a massive thread but because it's football supporters hardly anyone gives a fuck.

El Mudo article on Real Madrid fans experiences ( also a bit on the digital tickets issue) needs translation so use chrome

Sounds like total chaos.

Few folk coming home today saying that genuine tickets were being refused at the scanners. Loads of fans mugged by tooled up youth.

Sounds like it could easily have totally gone off.

Some titbits:

Apparently, Sadiq Khan was at the Final but I haven't seen any statement from him condemning or asking for an inquiry

.France’s Interior Minister: “Clearly there is only in soccer — and in particular, within soccer, with certain British clubs — that this kind of situation occurs.”

Some pundit on French TV blamed problems on youth supporting Benzema as he is a muslim

FIFA have called for a review and have asked the Portuguese Tiago Brandão Rodrigues to undertake this . Guaranteed non boat rocker.

Shameful behaviour from the Paris cochons there.

Mayor of Liverpool says the investigation should focus on six questions:

1. Why were Liverpool fans funnelled through narrow walkways and left crushed against fences for hours, which could have caused serious injury or even loss of life?

2. Why were there only two gates operational for Liverpool fans, and why were these gates seemingly closed, without any safe alternative arrangements being made?

3. Why were tickets not checked on the approach to the stadium, and why were ticketless people allowed to get so close to the stadium entrances?

4. Why was the police response so extremely heavy- handed and disproportionately targeted at Liverpool fans?

5. Why did the police fail to protect Liverpool fans from being attacked and mugged?

6. Why was the announcement blaming Liverpool fans for the delay to kick-off made when the facts of the situation remained unclear?

100% agree.
But the police/uefa/French government are going to go hard on shunting the blame down the line (despite countless credible sources saying otherwise).
It'd telling that almost every single time there's some organisational fuck up, the blame is always 'ticketless fans who get rhe blame.
It just so happens that this time around its the one club in the world you don't want to accuse them of...

Just 2,800 fake tickets were tried by 'pool fans (no mention of how many for Real). Just a teeny weeny bit lower than the 40-50,000 the french authorities said.

They should be banned from hosting or attending tournaments for a while, that'd sort them.

This was on Spanish TV

That must be difficult viewing for the resident bitter cunt blaming Klopp and the Liverpool fans earlier. He'd soon change his attitude if it was his kid or his Mrs getting teargassed and pepper sprayed. But then you know Everton not being in Europe next season is still our fault. :rolleyes:

Real have come out in support of Liverpool fans and the fuckery of the gendarmes.
Hopefully no internationals will be held in France until they get their act together
BBC News - Real Madrid ask for answers into 'unfortunate events' at Champions League final

Back
Top Bottom