Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I love you, you play my Trent: Liverpool 21/22

His fifth
It is a very weird career he's had.

Anyway, sorry, this is a Liverpool thread.

Imagine this will always be a season looked back on with a tinge of "what could have been", but hopefully the immediate disappointment subsides soon, and Reds can enjoy what they achieved this season and look forward to next one.

Certainly going to be interesting one again! Haaland turning up at City should obviously be a massive strengthening for them.

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool respond, particularly with Salah and Mane's contracts in question (the latter said he would announce his decision shortly after the final, didn't he? Not sure if he meant right after the final, or maybe given the circumstances he'll leave it a bit..).

Know Diaz has been marked with that transition (whenever it happens) in mind, plus Jota is only 25, but if Salah and Mane were to go, those'd be a big upheaval all the same.

Plus, of course, there's the little matter of a World Cup in the middle of the season...

A totally bizarre evening for me. Rushed home from Manchester to see it but my only memories are of waiting for Heysel and Hillsborough to happen again then waiting an age to see what seemed like a perfectly good goal wiped off. But all the time I was rolling around on the floor in agony with what was presumably indigestion or IBS or something, none of which I normally suffer from. Took 10mg valium and collapsed in bed, missing the second half.

Really thought Liverpool would win. But when shit like that happens outside the stadium, the result becomes irrelevant to me. The French authorities should be mightily ashamed of themselves and mightily relieved they didn't kill lots of people.

I'm sure you'd like to know that you won the most important competition - who I was supporting.

Real Madrid are like the shitty big club to end all shitty big clubs and you deserved it after Ramos did Salah last time.

I have no problem with that tbh, although it's not a very galáctico way to play.

Liverpool ran out of ideas in the end, and got to credit Real for that. Modric came into things a bit more in the second half. A good, simple but accurate pass from him in his own half started the move for the goal, which was a very good goal at least.
Yeah, I agree in the cold light of day. I was pissed and frustrated :D but the best performing team won on the night.

An odd mixture of pride and disappointment this morning. We've played some brilliant football this season. Won two cups. Missed the league by one point and the European Cup by one goal.

A fucking brilliant squad who've made me very happy this year.

Next season? Bring it on.

YNWA.

Really thought Liverpool would win. But when shit like that happens outside the stadium, the result becomes irrelevant to me. The French authorities should be mightily ashamed of themselves and mightily relieved they didn't kill lots of people.

Not sure how much was down to the authorities. Three lads that I know had fake tickets that they bought off the internet, knowing that they were moody but with a "guarantee" that they would work at the turnstiles. One thought better of it and decided not to go at the last minute. Haven't heard from the other two yet. Apparently there were thousands of these things knocking around last night. When tickets don't work it's going to cause log-jams. That's not the fault of the organisers or authorities, it's the fault of the dicks who bought and sold fake tickets.

Last edited:
Not sure how much was down to the authorities. Three lads that I know had fake tickets that they bought off the internet, knowing that they were moody but with a "guarantee" that they would work at the turnstiles. One thought better of it and decided not to go at the last minute. Haven't heard from the other two yet. Apparently there were thousands of these things knocking around last night. When tickets don't work it's going to cause log-jams. That's not the fault of the organisers or authorities, it's the fault of the dicks who bought and sold fake tickets.

This goes against every report I've read from journalists who were stuck themselves (Lineker was one, Barney Ronay another) who spoke of dangerous funnels made by police vehicles and the tear gassing and pepper spraying of innocent people (including children) who were causing no trouble and had nowhere to go after queuing for more than 2 hours.

Liverpool's Andy Robertson said he gave genuine tickets to people who were refused entry. Checks were either not done or done wrong.

And by the accounts I read the people forcing their way in were local youths. One old English guy had 12 ticketless French people in the gangway by his seat blocking his view. Nothing was done.

This goes against every report I've read from journalists who were stuck themselves (Lineker was one, Barney Ronay another) who spoke of dangerous funnels made by police vehicles and the tear gassing and pepper spraying of innocent people (including children) who were causing no trouble and had nowhere to go after queuing for more than 2 hours.

Liverpool's Andy Robertson said he gave genuine tickets to people who were refused entry. Checks were either not done or done wrong.

And by the accounts I read the people forcing their way in were local youths. One old English guy had 12 ticketless French people in the gangway by his seat blocking his view. Nothing was done.

Early days I guess. I know for absolute certain that the fake tickets were a “thing” though. The guy I know who didn’t go, stayed away because he had safety concerns. Still no news from the two who went.

I have no doubt fake tickets were a thing. It would be amazing if they weren't. They happen at every big Final. But this doesn't. Meaning something else was going on. There's tons and tons of statements from fans on the Guardian website and the blame only points one way.

Is there a riot going on?

1653823368548.png

1653823398376.png

This is the thing: no reports of trouble at Real Madrid end whatsoever. At the other end, fake tickets, storming the stadium, climbing gates. All sounds rather familiar does it not?

No: the fans of your classless club ensured we didn’t get into Europe when we were Champions 2 years out of 3. Thanks: for nothing. LFC: always the victims abetted by a disgraceful media
Aye child, cos evertonians were blessed saints who never said boo to a goose. And it’s reds who are to blame for you spending more in the last five years than Liverpool just to avoid relegation.

Looks like there's been a big party. Obviously it would be good if people at events like that tidied up all their litter but they generally don't and that's not particularly a football thing tbh.

Aye child, cos evertonians were blessed saints who never said boo to a goose. And it’s reds who are to blame for you spending more in the last five years than Liverpool just to avoid relegation.
Difference between you and me re your emoticon on my previous post is I don’t find 39 dead a laughing matter

Back
Top Bottom