Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I love you, you play my Trent: Liverpool 21/22

Best of luck playing us a man and five goals down for the last half an hour
Don't want us to ease up for a MOMENT, we need to get as many as possible

248945047_2982996208639412_2157794125314144519_n.jpg

Well and truly nailed to their perch. Hello Ole, wakey wakey! This Utd team has gone to meet its maker, it has ceased to be. Bereft of life, they rest in peace!
They've kicked the bucket, shuffled off 'this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

How lucky are we to have Jurgen as our manager? His magnanimity in victory is just beautiful.

I almost feel sorry for Utd fans. Solskjaer is a hero to them for what he did on the pitch, but a great manager he is not.

Maybe it's fatherhood, or covid (or a multitude of other things) but I'm a bit 'meh' about the result.
I think I said on here, or twitter, or my head, that Man U have so inept for the past nine years, that there was a sense of inevitability to beating them at the end of last season.
And this season, especially last night, United consistently have the air of Woolworths on the last hour, of the last day before they closed - staff not arsed, all waiting around to move on.
So at half time, I watched with my mate (who's a United fan) at mine and we'd popped to the shop to get more beer, and I said to him it didn't feel like liverpool were beating Manchester United at Old Trafford 4-0, it felt more pedestrian than that.
Even at the end I was 'OK, but it's modern United, they're gash'.

Then I had a few more beers, watched the highlights, listened to countless Man U fan channels and laugh. Then I reminded myself what it was like as ten year old (or fifteen or twenty), where United won everything g, and Liverpool were shit.
And then I saw the Ferguson image from above, and the full video where the camera flicks to Kibg Kenny, mouthing 'Fucking Hell', and everything was right with the world.

Football, fucking hell.

Screenshot_20211025-202326_Chrome.jpg

View attachment 294179
An observation: Dalglish's features look to be shrinking within his face, while Ferguson's are getting bigger.

Sorry, as a Man U fan that's about all I can add at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom