Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I am going to have to have words with Mrs Pingu - marmite disaster

Pingu

Credo
Shes put my marmite in the fridge again.

now i cant spread it properly.

she has had several warnings about this in the past and I am in a good mind to make this a written one.

but seriously.. marmite ONLY EVER goes in the fridge if its.. well lets just say the set of circumstances is very very small.

You couldn't make it up.

I am not a fan of Marmite, but I have recently had to remove bananas, eggs and honey from the fridge. Without telling her. She would be upset for aeons.

I put orange juice in my teapot today instead of boiling water.

These things happen when we have two hands and only one brain.

You couldn't make it up.

I am not a fan of Marmite, but I have recently had to remove bananas, eggs and honey from the fridge. Without telling her. She would be upset for aeons.

We keep eggs in the fridge, but only because there's nowhere else to put them. But honey and bananas??? :eek:

I keep eggs in the fridge, despite indication that there is little point, because the fridge is an environment less prone to things falling out of it than the cupboard.

Shes put my marmite in the fridge again.

now i cant spread it properly.

she has had several warnings about this in the past and I am in a good mind to make this a written one.

but seriously.. marmite ONLY EVER goes in the fridge if its.. well lets just say the set of circumstances is very very small.

i'm reminded of the case of thomas corlett

Bananas are best kept in the fridge unless (a) you buy unripe bananas to start with (b) you have some avocados you would like to ripen by keeping them in the same cupboard or (c) you just really like fruit flies.

I keep my eggs in the fridge because otherwise the cats get to them. They LOVE eggs and are very adept at rolling them off the counter/out of a container and onto the floor so they smash (if you ever wondered why cats like to knock things off high surfaces and watch them fall to the floor, there's your answer), and the fridge is the safest place to keep them.

You do need to let them come to room temperature before boiling though, or the shells will crack.

I keep a variety of other things in the fridge (celery and spring onions for example) because it gets really hot and humid in my flat and everything wilts or grows mould within a couple of days otherwise - the anti-fridge brigade obviously live in older, cooler, dwellings than mine!

ETA: Marmite never needs to be in the fridge, it's not likely to ever go off and it's really difficult to spread once cold!

Eggs go in the fridge. They just do, ok.

Tomato ketchup does not go in the fridge. Has anyone ever seen a bottle of tomato ketchup go off???

Marmite belongs in the cupboard. If anyone put my Marmite in the fridge I would hurt them, I would make them pay, I would ensure the last words to be spluttered by their brutalised, eviscerated, soon-to-be corpse were a full & unreserved apology, and a plea to others not to make the same tragically ill-advised faux pas.

Marmite belongs in the cupboard. If anyone put my Marmite in the fridge I would hurt them, I would make them pay, I would ensure the last words to be spluttered by their brutalised, eviscerated, soon-to-be corpse were a full & unreserved apology, and a plea to others not to make the same tragically ill-advised faux pas.

I'd probably just take it back out of the fridge again, tbf.

Mrs D puts lots of things in the fridge, she says its either that or we get more cupboards!

Bananas are best kept in the fridge unless (a) you buy unripe bananas to start with (b) you have some avocados you would like to ripen by keeping them in the same cupboard or (c) you just really like fruit flies.
Bananas go all brown in fridge

Better keeping bananas out of fridges or cupboards, and just not buying more than you can eat in a few days.

Tomato ketchup does not go in the fridge. Has anyone ever seen a bottle of tomato ketchup go off???

If the bottle tells you to "keep refridgerated", do what the bottle says. If it tells you to use within four weeks, jettison obediently the moment the month is up. Never argue with the bottle.

If the bottle tells you to "keep refridgerated", do what the bottle says. If it tells you to use within four weeks, jettison obediently the moment the month is up. Never argue with the bottle.

Like those 2l bottles of cider and 'jumbo' crisp packets that laughingly tell you to 'consume within three days'. As if they would last that long.

Just like every good chippie keeps its ketchup nicely refrigerated...

It's almost as bad as people who keep pickle in the fridge. You'd have thought the name might've been a bit of a hint...

Back
Top Bottom