Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hundreds of women assaulted in German NYE celebrations

A frie
I don't think so . It seems very similar to the uproar in Russia about the abuse scandal involving Russian adoptees in the USA . They ended up banning the USA as a destination for adopted children .. Russia is chronically underpopulated and it's more likely aimed at encouraging their people to stay home / come home and getting a dig in at merkel while they're at it. One she deserves frankly after the cover up .

I thbk you may be right, tragically a young hungarian friend of mine jumped in front of a train in London, the Hungarian press used it as a warning that young women shoudn't go abroad to work.

There has definitely been a very strong effort at cultivating the European far-right, to a lesser extent also the left, by Russia in recent years and this is part of it. It's obviously retaliatory, NATO has done the exact same, but it is what it is.

Putin has been funding the FN i think the AFD as well.

Yes, I don't think that there are any direct financial links between UKIP and Russia but UKIP supporters on social media often seem to be pro-Russia, pro-Iran, Pro-Assad in line with what has become the default position of the far-right in Europe generally.

It's hard to talk about these things rationally when we don't know the full story and people are bent on making political capital out of it. Just in:
Russia steps into Berlin 'rape' storm claiming German cover-up - BBC News

It's a well dodgy article . The presence of a handful of Russian flags equates to " links between Russia and far right groups in Germany are not unusual " . Despite there being just as many French , Dutch and Swedish flags on display . If not more .

I'd add some major pinches of salt . It's the BBC .

Telescopic batons are good too! Never hit someone over the head though. A good wack on the knee cap will immobilise them and give you time to get away!

Behind or to the side of the knee is better. Doesn't just hit bone, but tendons and ligaments too.
Mind you, the courts will probably be harsher on you for belting someone with a ASP, than for mace-ing/pepper-spraying someone.

There has definitely been a very strong effort at cultivating the European far-right, to a lesser extent also the left, by Russia in recent years and this is part of it. It's obviously retaliatory, NATO has done the exact same, but it is what it is.

That's been widely reported , from the likes of the guardian and the independent . But it's ultimately bollocks .

No he hasn't . Widely reported bollocks but bollocks all the same . The FN got a loan from Russian bank, as well as loans from Spanish and Italian banks. Because French banks won't give them ny . Usual conspiracy theories then erupted . All bollocks .

Nice piece there on the source all those respectable newspapers have been using for their claims .

The bogus think tank behind Russia's 'infiltration' of Europe myth

pepper spray, home made or otherwise is a nicking. Telescopic batons are a nicking. However if you aren't in the stop & search demographic for bored coppers then I could see the point in carrying the spray and thinking 'devil take the consequences should you use it'.

Kubatons are good (although they're listed as offensive weapons in the UK).

Yes, I don't think that there are any direct financial links between UKIP and Russia but UKIP supporters on social media often seem to be pro-Russia, pro-Iran, Pro-Assad in line with what has become the default position of the far-right in Europe generally.

Where "pro-Russia" just means anyone who doesn't believe in poking Russia in the eye at every possible opportunity, even at the risk of starting WW3. And "pro-Iran" means anyone who doesn't believe they should be punished forever for the heinous crime of overthrowing a US/UK-sponsored regime, even though as far as I can see they've caused us a lot less problems than our "best friends" the Saudis. And "pro-Assad" means anyone who thinks that Syria and Syrians would have been better off if we and our "friends" had left it alone.

It's fairly evident that the foreign policies pursued by both the mainstream parties have had disastrous consequences for pretty much everyone apart from weapons manufacturers and those politicians looking for an excuse to curtail civil liberties.

No he hasn't . Widely reported bollocks but bollocks all the same . The FN got a loan from Russian bank, as well as loans from Spanish and Italian banks. Because French banks won't give them ny . Usual conspiracy theories then erupted . All bollocks .

Nice piece there on the source all those respectable newspapers have been using for their claims .

The bogus think tank behind Russia's 'infiltration' of Europe myth
Nonsense. the claims (and the evidence) originally came from and were backed up by the french investigative journal Mediapart well before that think tank it's pinned on in that piece. So, the obvious propaganda think thank referred to was not the source for the claims at all. Not that you care, now you've got an article you can simply point to safe in the knowledge that few people will be aware of the true background or dig any deeper - pretty much the same way the BI article proceeded actually.

That makes sense but .. it explains street robbery as a means of survival and repaying debts but doesn't help with mass sexual assault, ripping clothes off women who are trying to get out of a train station, groping them so as to leave bruises on their skin etc..
Sorry but no, economics does not explain this.

He hasn't claimed that they do. He's offered the thesis that personal indebtedness drives participation in criminal behaviour for some male migrants, and that exposure to the criminal milieu can reinforce sexist attitudes (and even create them) and misogynistic practices.

He hasn't claimed a unitary explanation, merely offered a possibility for analysis.

Also you say
and I can't follow you there, sadly.

He's saying that the origin of the problems of addressing the issues around these events of mass sexual harassment lie with the authorities and their attempts to handle the issues "differently".

But do agree with what you seem to be suggesting solution-wise, as in the only way forward is in proper concerted serious integration into the places where people find themselves living, that you can't stick thousands of boys/ young men in a barracks dormitory outside town give them a bus pass and an armband and expect everything to be fine.

That much is obvious to anyone who has ever lived in a garrison town. Unfortunately, the main method by which you can prevent it, is to use a form of administrative detention to prevent more than a fraction of people in a barracks from leaving at any one time. I'm not sure that the grundgesetz has any provision for doing such a thing unless the people are under criminal sanction.

Where "pro-Russia" just means anyone who doesn't believe in poking Russia in the eye at every possible opportunity, even at the risk of starting WW3. And "pro-Iran" means anyone who doesn't believe they should be punished forever for the heinous crime of overthrowing a US/UK-sponsored regime, even though as far as I can see they've caused us a lot less problems than our "best friends" the Saudis. And "pro-Assad" means anyone who thinks that Syria and Syrians would have been better off if we and our "friends" had left it alone.

It's fairly evident that the foreign policies pursued by both the mainstream parties have had disastrous consequences for pretty much everyone apart from weapons manufacturers and those politicians looking for an excuse to curtail civil liberties.

Makes as much sense to say if you don't like Assad then your pro Tory .

The swimming pool panic seems to be quite widespread (Belgium, two baths in Germany & this swedish story). It's only Swedes who have responded with undercover police though the rest seem to have imposed various sorts of bans on .. men who aren't German/ Belgian or whatever being allowed to go swimming at all.

So , plain clothes..or no clothes..cops in the swimming pools now . Carnival cancelled . Far right on the rise all over the place. Vigilante groups springing up all over . Pepper spray, stun guns and shotguns sold out. Waiting lists a mile long to buy pistols . Customers overwhelmingly women . Women urged by a liberal woman mayor to huddle in groups and stay away from strangers . Police chief telling them not to go out alone .

Isn't mass immigration absolutely fucking brilliant . What could possibly go wrong . We need more of this , yup, loads more . It's bloody brilliant not .

The swimming pool panic seems to be quite widespread (Belgium, two baths in Germany & this swedish story). It's only Swedes who have responded with undercover police though the rest seem to have imposed various sorts of bans on .. men who aren't German/ Belgian or whatever being allowed to go swimming at all.

Not really surprising given the multiple cases of rape of children. :(

No country is safe, or has ever been, for women. :facepalm:

So nothing out of the ordinary has happened . You're going to stick to that regardless . Well done .

No country has ever been safe for men either you idiot . However Germany was safe enough for women to go out in before now without this greatly enhanced level of serious threat .

It may be naive of me, but if a man is hassling women at the swimming pool, why isn't he prosecuted or at least banned? The injustice is when his behaviour is regarded as typical of the group he belongs to and is then used to justify sanctions against that group as a whole.

Agree, that sounds obvious doesn't it.
The story from a German swimming baths called Zwickau, which has apparently "banned migrants from the premises until further notice" is so grim & dodgy I'm not going to link to it but apparently
"They are thought to have been caught on CCTV before laughing at pool staff when challenged about their behaviour...Several asylum seekers were reportedly arrested in connection with the claims, but have since been released."

So nothing out of the ordinary has happened . You're going to stick to that regardless . Well done .

No country has ever been safe for men either you idiot .

I haven't contended otherwise.

However Germany was safe enough for women to go out in before now without this greatly enhanced level of serious threat .

I see you've added an extra sentence since I first quoted and replied to this post.
What the fuck is "safe enough"? By what degree does a greatly enhanced level of serious threat differ from the standard serious threat? Are you saying that there was some kind of acceptable threat level prior to the blow-up in the Middle East, and that only the migrant issue has pushed things over that level?

Back
Top Bottom