Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coup plot thwarted in germany 7.12.22

View attachment 354625
I have to say the putative Heinrich XIII Fürst Reuß zu Greiz, leader of the one true German Reich has quite the innovative approach to colour matching. I for one would have balked at pastel pink with "musty Wetherspoons rug" green. And the tie, obviously.

View attachment 354627
He seems to be a fan of that jacket.

View attachment 354631

Though he opted for a paler look while hanging out with far-right AfD politician Uwe Thrum in August this year (which got him publicly ditched by his family).

He's nicked Farage's outfit.

E2A: SNAP!

I wonder what would happen with the EU if a Member State did actually have a coup...

It's the sort of thing that it's supposed to prevent from happening but...gets you to wondering about what a coup-led EU might do.

Arguably the Europhiles are basically just imperialists with extra rules and stuff around them..

I wonder what would happen with the EU if a Member State did actually have a coup...

It's the sort of thing that it's supposed to prevent from happening but...gets you to wondering about what a coup-led EU might do.

Arguably the Europhiles are basically just imperialists with extra rules and stuff around them..
do you think there would be a military response?

It's an interesting question however what makes you think that the EU or its predecessors were set up to prevent coups?

It's the sort of thing that it's supposed to prevent from happening but...gets you to wondering about what a coup-led EU might do...

I'm afraid to say that my experience of both government, and supra-national organisations, is that 'Plan B' tends to be in short supply. Oddly most very senior politician/CS are fully aware that shit can go south, but they simply don't give much serious thought to what to do about it when it does.

Its somewhere between arrogance, incompetence, and believing that the more effort you put into planning for shit times, the more likely you are to need to use that planning.

I'd bet that somewhere in the EU there's two sheets of typed A4 giving 'the plan' incase a member state has a genuine, serious coup that succeeds - but that upon reading it, you'd see it would be full of holes and of absolutely no use to anyone.

I'm afraid to say that my experience of both government, and supra-national organisations, is that 'Plan B' tends to be in short supply. Oddly most very senior politician/CS are fully aware that shit can go south, but they simply don't give much serious thought to what to do about it when it does.

Its somewhere between arrogance, incompetence, and believing that the more effort you put into planning for shit times, the more likely you are to need to use that planning.

I'd bet that somewhere in the EU there's two sheets of typed A4 giving 'the plan' incase a member state has a genuine, serious coup that succeeds - but that upon reading it, you'd see it would be full of holes and of absolutely no use to anyone.
I remember a period when the combined Greater Manchester structures were consolidating where we had all sorts of wonderful contingency planning exercises. Some were quite useful ie when the EDL comes to town, community cohesion after reaction to child sex abuse rings , loads of counter-terrorist stuff, and a couple of pandemic scenarios all with a plan that had to be monitored and updated every three months until the funding dried up and then the risk was either gradually ameliorated or the 12 page action reduced to just a series of ticks and crosses.

Although terrorists often grossly overestimate their appeal to and possible support from the wider public, and there was probably little chance for such a 'coup' to actually succeed in overthrowing the government, I don't share the opinion that this is to be taken as a joke. It seems likely these perpetrators had at least some potential to kill a substantial number of people and probably trigger some other right-wing extremist groups in the more fascy corners of (Eastern) Germany to start executing their violent 'Day X' plans.

For non-German speakers interested in the subject matter I'd like to drop this link for further details:

I suppose because ours tend to be thankfully a bit comical in recent years.
What’s the fucking matter with Germany? Already had genuine fash with death camps and it remains popular to a frightening degree.

I suppose because ours tend to be thankfully a bit comical in recent years.
What’s the fucking matter with Germany? Already had genuine fash with death camps and it remains popular to a frightening degree.

We’ve benefited from the fash in this country being physically beaten off the streets. Over there they still hold ground to a varying degree.

Back
Top Bottom