Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

apparently it's wonderswan that i've been invited to see (bloody multi-band boys :mad:)
the whole night looks awesome :D
hope they don't really bbq my life though...

Gypsy Queens and Kings in October at the South Bank Centre, with Esma Redzepova, Mahala Rai Banda, Fanfare Ciocarlia and more. Front stalls! Excellent! :cool:

i saw that by chance actually! are they good then? there was only 10 tickets left when i last looked, they'll be gone by now i suppose

i saw that by chance actually! are they good then? there was only 10 tickets left when i last looked, they'll be gone by now i suppose

There's a few more left than that. Rough Trade were going to buy sixty but culled the amount down to 20. Live, they're supposed to be a bit heavier than the Lips (I must tell you the stroy sometime about when I put them on the same night Portugal beat England on penalties...disaster-gig and back in the day when they were underground before getting Viced.)

the Black Lips gig at hte dirty water is tonight, i foudn this nice review from last time they played there:

"A sinister smile formed on the singer's face and he climbed a speaker during one of the songs. He fumbled with his shorts and suddenly his dick was hanging out. It started as a trickle, perhaps because of nerves, but a moment later a full stream of piss was shooting out into the crowd. He aimed his dick upwards, bent his head towards his crotch, slurped a mouthful of his own urine, and spit it out into the audience. Everyone in the place simultaneously lost their minds. People were staggering around, grabbing onto stranger's shoulders and saying, "Can you believe this shit?!" King Khan jumped on stage to drum up some audience appreciation and was met with a big, sloppy, open-mouthed kiss from the singer. Anything in the club that wasn't nailed down was flying at the stage. The bass player got up on his amp and pulled down his pants. He jumped down and stepped up to the mic. "I'd like to thank my dad for putting on this show. He's a cool guy." "

http://www.razorcake.org/site/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=404

jealous

would love to see them

they're doing a full tour

SEPTEMBER

Sat 19 The Phoenix Arts Centre, Exeter
Mon 21 Crane Lane Theatre, Cork
Tues 22 Crawdaddy, Dublin
Wed 23 Rosin Dubn, Galway
Thrs 24 Open House Festival, Belfast
Fri 25 The Cluny, Newcastle
Sat 26 The Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
Sun 27 Georgian Theatre, Stockton
Tues 29 NTSOBC @ The Luminaire, London

OCTOBER

Thurs 1 The Engine Room, Brighton
Fri 2 The Farm House, Canterbury
Sat 3 Taylor Johns, Coventry
Sun 4 The Musician, Leicester

they're doing a full tour

SEPTEMBER

Sat 19 The Phoenix Arts Centre, Exeter
Mon 21 Crane Lane Theatre, Cork
Tues 22 Crawdaddy, Dublin
Wed 23 Rosin Dubn, Galway
Thrs 24 Open House Festival, Belfast
Fri 25 The Cluny, Newcastle
Sat 26 The Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
Sun 27 Georgian Theatre, Stockton
Tues 29 NTSOBC @ The Luminaire, London

OCTOBER

Thurs 1 The Engine Room, Brighton
Fri 2 The Farm House, Canterbury
Sat 3 Taylor Johns, Coventry
Sun 4 The Musician, Leicester

Absolutely none of them anywhere near me :D

Leeds is probably the closest actually

Anyone in Leeds wanna put me up on 26 September? *best winning smile*

Spider John Koerner (1960s NYC coffee house folk blues singer) at the Green Note in September

Ramblin' Jack Elliott (1960s NYC coffee house folk blues singer) at the Union Chapel in September

Go see em while they're still alive! Cos they won't be able to play guitar as well once they're dead. I presume.

Unfortunately both dates are Wednesdays, when I've got my mixing and mastering course at City Lit starting.

Part Chimp on tour in the Uk in September :D:D

It's 5 years since I saw them last :eek: It was a brilliant gig though, an hour or so of complete headbanging loudness :cool:

P.O.S. in Bristol (Thekla) October 2nd
Obits in Bristol (Thekla) October 12th
Mariachi El Bronx (Islington, maybe?) November somethingth.

It's been an fabulous year for gigs, even if the person I thought and hoped I was going to enjoy them with wasn't at any of 'em.

yes to the horrors. just booked tickets. hope they play for longer than 20 minutes this time :D although they do have TWO albums worth of material now and are all grown up so it's more likely that they'll play for longer... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom