Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

I presume it'll be john carpenter, and a band, playing his music live.

He hasn't performed them (to an audience) before, that's one of the reasons people are so excited. Apparently his recent 'lost soundtracks' album was created jamming with some other musicians though, so I'm guessing he wont just be pressing 'play'.

I mean it'll be an event, and I'm intrigued... but sensible me is telling myself that there are many much better gigs to be spending £30 on (not that it is a crazy ticket price but still)

I'm watching....just sent a text to someone who I think might be interested.

Might go see Spectres tonight.

bugger, Hey Colossus have cancelled tonight and tomorrow's gigs. Will have to make do with Teeth of the Sea, which will do. Especially as I didn't realise HC were playing when I booked the tickets.

megadog-headerNEW.jpg

do the dog

A fine list upcoming for us :

Bradford on Avon Boothill Allstars (hello Flounder !) supported by our Bristol scrumpy swilling ;) mate Steve Wurzel, Friday 20th November

Cardiff : Gaz Brookfield supporting Ferocious Dog at the Full Moon. Thursday 26th November.
Also, Dr John Cooper Clarke again ;) (theoretically Thurs April 21st 2016 somewhere, but I can't currently confirm that online, try as I might ... :oops: ).
Plus, one from the Bellowhead farewell tour (definite, St Davids Hall, Sun 17th April)

Swansea : Beans on Toast (Garage, Friday 27th November), Sporadics (Garage, I think February) :) :cool:

Out of curiosity, which pub in Bradford? Also The Ferocious Dog/Gaz Brookfield gig should be excellent, but I guess you know that already. :)

Riff : The relevant Bradford (on-Avon, not Yorks!) pub is The Three Horseshoes and we're still going there tomorrow evening! :cool:

We can't make the Gaz Brookfield/Ferocious Dog gig next Thursday (27th Nov) any more :(
Impracticality overruled it ... and there's an excellent ska night a quick bus ride away from us instead :oops:

We're not sure about the Dr JCC one any more either ... :(

We're very likely to make Neville Staple in Manchester in January though, now :cool:

Riff : The relevant Bradford (on-Avon, not Yorks!) pub is The Three Horseshoes and we're still going there tomorrow evening! :cool:

Ah, I thought it might be that one. Cracking pub with a fab range of cider (and ale, natch). We spent a week in BoA at the end of September and hope to go back there next June pre-Glasto if we can get our tickets sorted out. The Bear has a great range of beers as well.

Shame you can't make FD. Hope you can pass your tickets on.

That is a good discussion to have in your head about a ten quid gig. Not a thirty quid gig, surely? :)
Quite so, dear fozzie. There's also the fact that I'm against the idea of giving any money to ATP if I can avoid it, and a general antipathy to heritage acts - I still find myself excited when something like this comes along, then I remind myself of how dull they usually are.

I went to some megadogs in the 1990s, they always had way more varied lineups than that. Fucking dreadzone though. Good luck.

I remember Aphex headlining one in Manchester. Well, I say remember, but due to a combination of speed and whiskey my only abiding memories are of standing in a bathtub :confused: and clinging to the crash barrier at the front of the crowd, roaring like an enraged bull.

Teeht of the Sea were amazing last night. Loved Mothers too so I'll go see them again next Friday at The Castle.

Busy week with Raketkanon on Monday, Nots on Wednesday and my mate trying to get me to go to Loop on Thursday....possibly Death at Brudenell the following Monday too.

That went as you'd expect. But inviting a few lads up on stage to shuffle about during the encore probably wasn't worth the trouble. One of them was even filming himself.
They played on the actual stage? Shocking.

I have a ticket for Leeds tonight, but am too ill to go :( Anyone want one? My mate is still going, so he could bring it up

Prodigy tonight.

William - the Ferocious Dog gig in Cardiff has been postponed until Saturday 6th February 2016 - so it might still be do-able.

Teeht of the Sea were amazing last night. Loved Mothers too so I'll go see them again next Friday at The Castle.

Busy week with Raketkanon on Monday, Nots on Wednesday and my mate trying to get me to go to Loop on Thursday....possibly Death at Brudenell the following Monday too.
I saw racketcanon last week in Bristol! 2nd time I have seen them. Love their energy, they are very funny. It tickles me that the keyboard player looks like a classic hipster and that he head bangs at his keyboard :D

I saw Zu, Tomago and Futuro de hierro on Saturday... Thought Tomago were quite good- amazing drummer. Zu- I liked the huge sound and although initially I was suspicious of there being a sax involved I changed my mind. However all their tracks sounded similar and I left early. Shame. Might not of given it a chance though - but then these things are quite instant with me.

25-50 quid for Wembley Arena, hardly exhorbitant by todays standards..

Yes, I've seen the proper prices now. A friend of mine posted a screenshot last night of tickets going for £82-£86 plus £30 "processing fee". She later realised it was one of those horrible third-party online tout sites.

Back
Top Bottom