Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

I'm going tonight in Brixton. Going on me tod as none of my mates give the remotest toss about Ride. I've never stopped listening to Nowhere though so I'm very excited!

how was Brixton gig? tonight in newcastle they were pretty fucking awesome. much better than i expected. really enjoyed it but think it's going to a tough day at work...in 6 hours:eek::D

how was Brixton gig? tonight in newcastle they were pretty fucking awesome. much better than i expected. really enjoyed it but think it's going to a tough day at work...in 6 hours:eek::D

Gah - I didn't make it. My partner had to go in to hospital - and I had to do the right thing and not bugger off to see Ride - a band that incidentally she hates which would have rubbed more salt in the wound! My pals said that the first set was a little lack lustre - but that the nowhere set was incredible. I had to settle for listening to nowhere on spotify when I got home.

Glad you enjoyed it. Honest.

Techno night in Nottingham on the 24th of October. Maybe of interest to some of the more localish posters like Global Stoner & cozmikbrew ....

11951942_1480044838987673_7420015582594058416_n.jpg

Dagobah comes of age!

Hard to believe it's been 18yrs since the first Dagobah System party.

Over the years our crew has played all over from Nottingham to Nijmegen, Seattle to St Petersburg, had releases on numerous labels and spawned the legendary Pure Filth club night whose guests have included The Liberators, DAVE the Drummer, Rowland the Bastard, Jerome Hill, Neil Landstrumm, Michael Forshaw, British Murder Boys, The Advent to name but a few.

Wherever we've been we've always brought with us a slice of truly filthy techno from a real mix of sub-genres and an up-for-it party attitude

Come and join us as we celebrate 18yrs of 'avinit parties!

Chris Liberator (Stay Up Forever)
Nick Samovar - Live! (Samovar Sound System)
Esther Ofei (Dagobah/Ugly Funk)
Small Paul (Dagobah/Pure Filth)
Filthy Dom (Dagobah/Pure Filth)
Filthy Dave (Dagobah/Pure Filth)

Saturday 24th October
10pm til late
£6 otd

The Irish Centre, 2-4 Wilford St, Nottingham, NG2 1AA

FB event page: Pure Filth presents Dagobah Systems 18th Birthday w/ Chris Liberator and more | Facebook

braindancer aw that's a shame mate, hope your partner is ok.

Both sets were brilliant and the two encores were outstanding. They started with Leave them... which was pretty explosive way to kick off! The lighting was impressive too. I'm epileptic and I've no idea how I didn't have a seizure :D

yon8HuA.jpg

Fozzie Bear ska invita Rutita1 ummm anyone else who might be interested please come

Last edited:
We're off to see Donovan in Cardiff on Monday :cool: (26th Oct)

festivaldeb's a MAJOR fan and has been for ever.

I love many of his classic songs, but I've never seen him live :(

Last edited:
Coming up soon, for just a tiny little bit of contrast ;) :D

Ferocious Dog in Swansea, Sat November 7th :) :cool:

Supported by that highly excellent small-festival acoustic legend Gaz Brookfield :cool:

We'll be in the mood by the time we get to Swansea for the gig, as we'll have been at the Great Welsh Beer Festival (in Cardiff) earlier in the day :)

Last edited:
Saw Ferocious Dog last Friday. Intense, excellent band.

The next few days are going to be rather busy gig-wise. I have FOUR in the space of a week:

Monday - Motley Crue
Thursday - Blackberry Smoke
Friday - Queen Extravaganza
Saturday - Vintage Trouble

Last edited:
I've not fancied much this year but Thee Oh Sees and (mainly) Total Control are at the Forum on 30th November.

Lucky I saw your post!!! I have got to go to this- thee oh Sees are my favourite band and I have never seen them. So gonna cancel my nightshift and get on down to London on the 30th - so excited!!

hah, I was just coming here to post that. Irritatingly we've just booked to go to the St Etienne christmas show on the same night as Manchester, so we're probably going to Leeds - see you there?
I'm tempted by Derby. Which are four words I never thought I'd write. But Leeds is a definite possibility.

Back
Top Bottom