Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Go fund me and direct payment charity pages to help Palestinian families.

Aladdin

A good friend of mine shared this on Instagram to me. She is Palestinian living and working in Ireland.

Feel free to post other charity or gofund pages here to help people in Gaza.

Some may not like this thread but for the most part I think anyone seeing the horrors that are ongoing in Gaza will be looking for ways to help directly.

A good friend of mine shared this on Instagram to me. She is Palestinian living and working in Ireland.

Feel free to post other charity or gofund pages here to help people in Gaza.

Some may not like this thread but for the most part I think anyone seeing the horrors that are ongoing in Gaza will be looking for ways to help directly.

From their about:
Gaza Funds is a project that connects people to crowdfunding campaigns for individuals and families from Gaza. Each time the page is reloaded, a different campaign appears. While the rotation is randomized, campaigns for the sick/injured and campaigns close to meeting their goals are prioritized. We never want any of these campaigns to go stagnant, so we make sure to also prioritize fundraisers that haven't had a donation in a while. As existing fundraisers meet their goals, they will be replaced with other fundraisers that need your help.

We are a global team of (mostly) Arab and Palestinian engineers, students, writers, and academics working to help get exposure and traction to fundraisers created for people in Gaza, Palestine. We are not an organization or a charity. We do not create fundraisers and we do not collect money on behalf of them. Our work on this project is completely voluntary. We created this site as a way to give others quick access to these fundraisers for informational purposes only.

This website is for informational purposes only. We are not affiliated with the fundraisers, their beneficiaries or the campaign websites. We assume no liability or responsibility for any activity related to the fundraisers listed on this website or to the policies and procedures of the fundraiser websites that host them.
Can't say what their vetting/verification process is like. Also more generally I have a bit of vague unease about the individualised fundraising model but haven't really got it in a properly articulate form and this maybe isn't the thread for that argument anyway.

Not palestine but I hope it's OK to post here. My refugee friend's family are facing famine in Darfur. He can't help as much as he'd like because his housing situation and mental health have been really bad for the last year. Things are picking up a little now he's in emergency accommodation where he is safe.

Last edited:

From their about:

Can't say what their vetting/verification process is like. Also more generally I have a bit of vague unease about the individualised fundraising model but haven't really got it in a properly articulate form and this maybe isn't the thread for that argument anyway.
I assumed that fundraising through platforms like JustGiving and GoFundMe were verified. I have donated to a few of those. Yesterday my donations to one GoFundMe appeal were refunded and the page has disappeared. I don't know why.

From their about:

Yeah I can't find it now but I read an article about it saying that these gofundme pages are many Gazans' only income now :(

Quite a few pages on Tumblr. There's a user called Lapithae who's a Fate/Grand Order fandom blogger, but they post a lot of links to pro-Palestine Gofundmes. I've donated to a few, mainly medical ones.

Sample post: Tumblr

Unfortunately gofundme doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment. Has anyone else had this problem?

My friend Mo is Mohammed, the co-founder mentioned in this crowdfunder; he's British-Palestinian, born in Gaza, and was over there when it all kicked off. He contributed to UK mainstream media reports of incidents/events as they unfolded after the attacks in October, as an eye-witness, then he managed to escape in December and made his way back to the UK.

Amplify Gaza stories are raising funds for community kitchens, and his family (including doctors), have also raised funds for an ambulance, etc. Totally legit, can vouch for him, their fundraising efforts.

Back
Top Bottom