Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2022

Gerry1time

Did a wee in Dirac's toilet
Looks like it's on then...

I'll be going. Might be working, might not, but have got me a punters ticket anyway. Might be nice to be in on a punters ticket but only working a little bit if I want to.

I just saw my Facebook status from a while ago about ticket day and realised there isn’t one this year of course.
I hope I’m working. I was picked to work in 2019. I have no idea if those people will get first refusal for next year or if they’ll just start again. I didn’t volunteer for any festivals this year so I hope that doesn’t go against me. I’m desperate to go back!

Might have to find some work for it. Still quite annoyed that the wristbands are now barcoded, making sneaking in much, much harder. Be nice if they dropped the system for 2022, but obviously very unlikely.

I've (belatedly) just picked up from the offical Glastonbury Festival site that Penny Kemp, so importantly central to the Speakers Forum in Green Futures, is no longer with us :(

Happily, Michael still is, waffling on about the Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza**, and also about those (not cheap!) 'Worthy Pastures' summer camping gatherings at the farm.

(**Mind you, someone needs to tell him that Van Morrison has become an utter conspiracist loon-twat ;) :mad: )

That was back in August, but he was in pretty good spirits it seems! :) -- and optimistic about next June! :cool:

Last edited:
I'm tolerating the absence of Glastonbury since 2019, by very extensively re-checking the history .... :cool:.

In hugely Festographic style, not to mention Fest-obsessive :oops: , I've (so far ;) ) gone through the G-threads here for Glastonbury 2005!! (I think there's some other Urban thread for G-2005, but I failed to find it? :confused: ) and Glastonbury 2007!! and Glastonbury 2008!!

editor 's excellent but scary picrures from 2007!! :eek: :(

And here are Tort 's superb!! picture's from a much sunnier 2008 !!!

Get yourselves in the mood for next June, festival-lovers!!! :) :cool: :thumbs: :beer: :weed: :oldthumbsup: :)

Last edited:
I've been disbelieving how much weather-related stuff I posted on those threads!!! :oops: :eek: :(

I think I calmed down on that, in subsequent years (more links to come!! :D :) ), but then again we did have a pretty damn good sequence of years weather--wise and everything at Glastonbury-wise, from 2008 onwards ..... :) :cool:

paolo pagan mr steev aqua beesonthewhatnow Stig Tort editor Looby wiskey newbie and PLENTY of other Urbans..... fancy a bit of nostalgia??? :D

What was the wettest ever Glastonbury? I'd like to read the thread for that one.
This "Muddiest Festival;" thread isn't exclusively about Glastonbury, but does contain plenty about the worst Glastonbury times.

I definitely agree with The Octagon that 2007 is well up there with the worst :(, although 1985 (apparantly), amd 1997 and 1998 ) (definitely!) are all up there in the competition .... :eek:

And now, after two whole non-Glasto Covid years ( :mad: :( ), I propose that "levelling up" ( :rolleyes: ) for festival fans should involve the entire absence! of rain and mud!!!! ( :mad: ), with both!!! being absolutely BANNED from May to October** ;) :D ;) :thumbs: :eek::facepalm: :beer:

**Since 1970!!! ;), and in particular, since 1984! :):D

Anyway, Glastonbury 2022! Weather predictions? :p ;)

(Moar later, etc. ;) )

Last edited:
Speeded-up clip of a Pyramid and general festival build, etc., May to July.

Only ten minutes, but it should get you in the mood for 2022! Especially as that includes footage of a dry main festiva week!! :D

This eleven-minute Avalon short in this post is superb. And not just because festivaldeb and I can be seen in it for about three seconds .... : :p

:)

ETA : Bollocks! I'm still rarely if ever going to grasp (except with luck!) how to link directly to YouTube footage! I just had to link to that post instead ....
</ :mad: at self!>

Last edited:
festivaldeb has just today alerted me to us being prompted to re-apply for Info Crew 2022 for the Big June Help Glasto-Goers Get Themselves to The Cider Bus Event!! :D :p :cool: :)

We'll be activating our application forms tomorrow or Sunday (5/2 or 6/2) :cool:

Both festivaldeb's application form, and my application form, have been sent in now! :cool:

From previous-years' precedent (given that the deadline for these applications is late March!), we'd be likely to hear from our Bosses in early April :)

My paranoia-level is quite low this year.

Mainly because about a fortnight ago, I read the G2019 thread here.
Along with a zillion other Urban, post-2004, Glastonbury threads :D :p :cool: </Pilton-nostalgia-attack! :eek:>

.With the G2019 one, I was reminded that our absolutely lovely and completely supportive Green Info bosses hugged us lots at the end of Glasto 2019, and enthusiastically looked forward to seeing us again "next time" ! :) :)

I'm hoping (big-style!) that this was/remains a good omen! :thumbs: :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
But much more importantly, Glastonbury 2022-qise ,,,

The Mega-Monstrous-Most!! of luck from me, for ALL Urbans, and others, who are seeking crew/voluntreer work, and maybe looking out for actual ticket opprtunities as well! :)

We'll just leave the bedroom window open, as with other years, and listen to the gentle "thump, thump, thump" of whoever's playing on the main stage and play "identify the song"

Although Mrs Voltz, she of "bat like" hearing has a distinct advantage in this game. Well, that and the ability to stay awake to an acceptable time

Back
Top Bottom