Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

Seems to have more advertisers than it had a few weeks ago. Maybe they’ve reduced their prices.

Like a lot of the smaller channels, they are just bundled-up in a package and sold by Sky Media on a cost per thousand viewers (reach), so they don't set the rates themselves, it's basically like an auction with Sky Media filling-up airtime at whatever price they can get.

Of course, with GB News, a lot of advertisers have requested they are excluded from any packages brought by their media buyers, hence why most the ads are tele-shopping types that pay the lowest rates, rather than big brands.

A mate who is a data scientist (and also doesn’t follow any news out of choice so hadn’t even heard of GB News) got approached by them for a job in charge of their analytics, the aim being to increase viewers, improve programming and raise advertising spend.

He watched a bit of it and described it as highly amusing. He concluded it was an interesting job but one to do at a normal company instead of with GB News.

Like a lot of the smaller channels, they are just bundled-up in a package and sold by Sky Media on a cost per thousand viewers (reach), so they don't set the rates themselves, it's basically like an auction with Sky Media filling-up airtime at whatever price they can get.

Of course, with GB News, a lot of advertisers have requested they are excluded from any packages brought by their media buyers, hence why most the ads are tele-shopping types that pay the lowest rates, rather than big brands.

I guess it’s one of the few places your ads will end up if you can only afford to buy exposure to 20 or so viewers.

Seems to have more advertisers than it had a few weeks ago. Maybe they’ve reduced their prices.

I recorded Farage tonight, as their most watched programme, so I could whizz past his shit, and check out the ad breaks.

When they launched they had 4 ad breaks per hour of around 4 minutes each, that dropped to 4 x 2 minutes after the ad boycott campaign, from my research tonight, that has now dropped to just 3 x 2 minutes.

This sort of shit interests me, I must be a bit sad. :D

how many of them are for ads for coins by some dodgy company

only avalable to 50000 household in the united kingdom

that you can own at 5 pound a month by signed up to the gulable pensioner list avalable to every scammer in the country

They do have a sponsor for the weather now, so a advertiser that has specifically selected GB News, this 'opportunity' was first advertised by Sky Media back in early August, so it has taken a fairly long time to sell it, and maybe the sponsor isn't aware of what they have brought into, as it's sponsored by the Canary Islands, so I assume their tourist board. :mad:

I recorded Farage tonight, as their most watched programme, so I could whizz past his shit, and check out the ad breaks.

When they launched they had 4 ad breaks per hour of around 4 minutes each, that dropped to 4 x 2 minutes after the ad boycott campaign, from my research tonight, that has now dropped to just 3 x 2 minutes.

I thank you for your service and dedication.

Yeah, I didn’t mean necessarily more adverts as a proportion of time, but they seem to have more different companies advertising, rather than heavy rotation of a used car dealership, an ad for Sky TV and one for a suicide prevention hotline, as was the case some weeks back.

They do have a sponsor for the weather now, so a advertiser that has specifically selected GB News, this 'opportunity' was first advertised by Sky Media back in early August, so it has taken a fairly long time to sell it, and maybe the sponsor isn't aware of what they have brought into, as it's sponsored by the Canary Islands, so I assume their tourist board. :mad:
Slogan: “Come to the beautiful Canary Islands and escape shit GB weather and shit GB News”?

Back
Top Bottom