Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

He is, but interesting his diversion from the position of Johnson and Co given Johnson was his boss last decade. Not saying he is some kind of son of Glyndwr but it might, along with Mercers comments signal a wee rift in the Tories.
Mercer has always been pretty pragmatic within the Tories. I think Johnson is probably well aware that the England football team is going to be a thing for the next two years and probably shits himself that Rashford will one day decide to tweet how Boris and pals are encouraging the abuse he takes.

Just channel hopped onto GB News briefly, McCoy & Phillips were commenting on the twitter storm & incoming e-mails about the other presenter taking the knee & threatening to stop watching, they were basically apologising, promising they wouldn't do the same, and begging viewers not to leave them. :D

The Daily Express staff have been wanking themselves off since the launch of GB News, putting up loads of 'reports' everyday, off the scale compared to any other rag. This made me laugh -

"GB News soars to 300k Twitter followers in WEEKS – woke critics defied after ratings blow

GB NEWS has defied gleeful critics who have been celebrating its falling ratings by attracting more than 300,000 Twitter followers in the two weeks since its launch."

Absolute bullshit, they had built up over 260k followers in the 6 months leading up to the launch, so they have only added about 40k since their launch, the lying twats.

I wouldn't normally click on an Express link, but I couldn't resist this one...

2j.png

Andrew Neil's new project said it wanted to match Sky News for viewer numbers ahead of its launch on June 13, 2021. But one month on and GB News is not only trailing its rivals, but it's also losing viewers by the week.

A Tweet shared by journalist Owen Jones said: "GB News continues its catastrophic collapse. Its audience has halved in a fortnight."

He shared viewership data, which show GB news' weekly reach was 2.6 million for the week of June 14 to 20. This dropped to 1.8 million for the week of June 21 to 27, and plummeted to 1.3 million for June 28 to July 4. For all periods, Sky News achieved a reach of 4.5 million on average.

So, even the Express is turning against them. :D

Then, just two weeks in, he [Neil] announced he'd be taking a leave of absence to "replenish his batteries".

He said: "I’m simply taking a break to replenish my batteries after the rigours of the launch, plus I have other business matters to attend to. I’ll be back before the summer is out brimming with ideas for the channel and my own show.

"I will also be in close contact with management and the board through my break - and even ready to appear should news events demand it."

I bet he's putting down demands for changes, if they want him back, I reckon there's probably a serious struggle going on between Neil & that twat of a CEO.

GB News is fast becoming the broadcasting wing of spiked/spikedonline. Over the past 24 hours we've had James Heartfield, Andrew Doyle (who has a regular show) Joanna Williams, Fraser Myers. GB News pet conteoversialists clearly

GB News is fast becoming the broadcasting wing of spiked/spikedonline. Over the past 24 hours we've had James Heartfield, Andrew Doyle (who has a regular show) Joanna Williams, Fraser Myers. GB News pet conteoversialists clearly

I’d like to think no one else wants to be part of the pantomime and maybe the spiked office is just close enough to get them in whenever

Back
Top Bottom