Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

I am very reluctant to take things anywhere which goes down the "dumb blonde" road, but this woman seems to have prioritised superficial style over substance pretty much from the beginning, and certainly as far as GBNews is concerned. She comes across as someone who's not especially smart or switched-on, trying to play the role of Someone Clever. And failing miserably, time and time again.

It's pitiful. It's either a pisser or a blessing that she appears oblivious.

Dewberry has appeared on the likes of Question Time & as a regular panellist on 'The Pledge' on Sky News, but she has no experience of presenting and is clearly out of her league. Her lack of experience makes her a strange choice to host a show on her own, when all the other day-time shows have two presenters, often with one holding it together, a classic being McCoy, who seems to be trying his best to cope with having Alex Phillips as his co-host, but you can see him struggling and slowing dying on the inside.

Now they have dealt with the chaos at breakfast, when they had 3 or 4 presenters at the now disappeared breakfast bar, and instead just 2 on a sofa, they seem to have some spare and more experienced presenters, it would seem logical to replace Dewberry with Rosie Wright, her background presenting 'Good Morning Europe' on Euronews, would make her the prefect choice to host her own show, plus she comes across as more sane than most of them, but I guess at GB News that could hold her back.

Phillips needs replacing by one of the other now 'redundant' breakfast hosts as well, to help lower McCoy's blood pressure.

Nope. She is one of Alan Sugar's cast-offs. She is going for that UK Sarah Palin look, she is aware of it, and she is and has always been a vacuous vessel. Her carefully crafted persona does not excuse her from critique. She should be subject to the same scrutiny as any man or anyone else should be. Especially as she works for a channel dedicated to ridiculing trans and LGBTQ+.
I agree except taht I don't think her personna is carefully crafted. It's been manufactured, through experience, but I don't think it's calculating. Just the consequence of being part of the capitalist class/wannabe entrrepreneur class that finds expression diverting into the media, or social media. I seem to recall she won the Apprentice before 'controversy' (she got pregnant and old boy sugar don't like that, iirc). I think Hopkins was her alum before bowing out disgracefully to find a career on the sharper end of where 'Dewbs' could well be headed

There's a reason why Fox News looks like this.

D4vnm4y8uyF0PF6SCia_sqQXtclHyWpUzRmGT4Dpl6U.jpg

The Daily Express staff have been wanking themselves off since the launch of GB News, putting up loads of 'reports' everyday, off the scale compared to any other rag.

This made me laugh -

GB News soars to 300k Twitter followers in WEEKS – woke critics defied after ratings blow

GB NEWS has defied gleeful critics who have been celebrating its falling ratings by attracting more than 300,000 Twitter followers in the two weeks since its launch.

Absolute bullshit, they had built up over 260k followers in the 6 months leading up to the launch, so they have only added about 40k since their launch, the lying twats.

Does look pissed - the sound's not coming out of her mouth at the same time her lips are moving for a start :eek:

They had major issues with the audio and video being out of sync in the first week, I thought they had resolved that, but perhaps not.

Then I am reminded of an article I linked to earlier in the thread, when an insider said that every time they thought they had dealt with an issue, the system would get re-booted overnight, and the issues would return again.

... day-time shows have two presenters, often with one holding it together, a classic being McCoy, who seems to be trying his best to cope with having Alex Phillips as his co-host, but you can see him struggling and slowing dying on the inside.

Phillips needs replacing by one of the other now 'redundant' breakfast hosts as well, to help lower McCoy's blood pressure.

I've just dipped into the McCoy & Phillips show, and it hasn't improved, she's being totally dumb as usual & acting like a complete knob, this clip was from within a couple of seconds, and it continued like that for the next few minutes, before I dipped out, because it was just too painful to watch!

I had to google her, to remind me what TV experience she has, oh yeah, none whatsoever. :facepalm:

So, besides being totally useless, what do Dewberry & Phillips have in common?

They were both Brexit Party candidates!

How the hell is McCoy putting up with this nonsense, it's just so bad? :D

View attachment 2b.mp4

FFS, GB News, let the two of them go, and give them a chance of getting some dignity back.

Took another quick look to see the start of Dewberry at 6 pm, she spoke for about a minute, then they lost the studio completely, went to an early ad break at around 5 minutes in, then back to the GB News logo, until about 6.12pm when they fired-up a repeat of one of Andrew Neil's show.

Just cut into him mid-sentence, for a scheduled ad break, now back to the GBN logo - 17 [edit] 21 minutes in, and counting, still no Dewberry.

* 3 weeks in, and it's going so well. :D

Dewberry, 'tomorrow I am joined by Claire Fox, I think she's a baroness in the House of Lords now'. :facepalm:

Poor SImon. He's going to be like Robert Kilroy-Silk, isn't he. From household name to fringe to obscurity, and all because the right-wing came calling.

Does look pissed - the sound's not coming out of her mouth at the same time her lips are moving for a start :eek:
It's because the interview is taking place in the most audibly inappropriate environment they could find. There's more echo in there than the local newsagents

Plus she's pissed :D

at least Kilroy was a bit of a nazi
Simons just pissed off about women presenters earning more than him

Back
Top Bottom