Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

His feet, firmly under the table now. Like the resident drunk in the pub who becomes part of the racist furniture
I don't think that makes a lot of difference for their viewing numbers, he was a one trick pony, Brexit is done, nothing is better and things and generally worse, plus most people are more concerned about Covid, which needs the NHS and as pointed out above, people people believe in it and a alt-right libertarian grifter is not the flavour of the month trying to advocate selling it off.

[Edited for clarity]

Yep.

Does it involve BDSM?

I'd photoshop this, but frankly the mental transposition to rubber-suitedness is already bad enough...

hqdefault.jpg

These BARB figures are for the total number of household TV sets that dipped into news channels for the week of 14th - 20th June, the first full week of GB News.

Now, bear in mind GB News did hit some fairly sizeable figures at the start of that week, because of all the hype, before starting to drop off, which continued into week 2, so this is the best they have got so far.

BBC News Channel - 7,240,000 / 11.94%

Sky News - 4,490,000 / 7.41%

GB News - 2,658,000 / 4.39%

So, despite Neil bigging up figures for his own show & how well they were doing compared to the BBC & Sky, their overall performance is somewhat piss-poor.

Oh, my word, this is a corker, first the robotic & clueless Dewberry admits she hasn't been paying attention & totally misunderstood her guest's position, then you get people in the '[out of] control room' trying to get her attention, followed by people walking behind her, which she seems not even to notice. :facepalm:

Week three, and it's going so well. :D

View attachment 2bb.mp4

Oh, my word, this is a corker, first the robotic & clueless Dewberry admits she hasn't been paying attention & totally misunderstood her guest's position, then you get people in the '[out of] control room' trying to get her attention, followed by people walking behind her, which she seems not even to notice. :facepalm:

View attachment 275830
I am very reluctant to take things anywhere which goes down the "dumb blonde" road, but this woman seems to have prioritised superficial style over substance pretty much from the beginning, and certainly as far as GBNews is concerned. She comes across as someone who's not especially smart or switched-on, trying to play the role of Someone Clever. And failing miserably, time and time again.

It's pitiful. It's either a pisser or a blessing that she appears oblivious.

Don't, then. There's really no need.

You can insult her performance, her intelligence even, without reference to her appearance. It's quite easy.

Really.
Except that I think her appearance is a lot to do with why she's in that job. Perhaps rather more so than her intellect.

View attachment 275830
A classic of the genre :D

I didn't reference it because I HAD to - I referenced it because it's part of what looks like a naively tokenistic way for GBNews to have gone about assembling a stable of presenters, and she's the epitome of style over substance.

You said you were very reluctant to reference it. You could have just not referenced it, then.

Your point would have been made just as clearly - she's thick/rubbish/whatever - without reference to her appearance.

True, it seems that people have cognitive dissonance, between the govt and the NHS. This is probably due to years of the Mail and Murdoch press.
Take New Zealand, there is little murdoch influence and it seems a lot happier country, one where the PM can walk down to the coffee shop and buy a coffee like a everyday citizen and there seems to be a more grown up interaction between the press and government.

I won't be convinced unless I can push a finger through his holes and something happens to that glass of water

7f05ae04decdc5d8916d0e629f6c6a51.jpg

You said you were very reluctant to reference it. You could have just not referenced it, then.

Your point would have been made just as clearly - she's thick/rubbish/whatever - without reference to her appearance.
Nope. She is one of Alan Sugar's cast-offs. She is going for that UK Sarah Palin look, she is aware of it, and she is and has always been a vacuous vessel. Her carefully crafted persona does not excuse her from critique. She should be subject to the same scrutiny as any man or anyone else should be. Especially as she works for a channel dedicated to ridiculing trans and LGBTQ+.

Her appearance is deliberately cultivated for a specific purpose, and one not delineated by sex. You think the likes of Tucker Carlson don't cultivate a certain kind of appearance?

Back
Top Bottom