Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

Apparently Neil is 'taking a break'. Only source so far is either the Express or the Star.

This seems very odd, unless he's just stepping back from the show, so he can focus on sorting out the mess it all is.

However, Andrew assured viewers that he wouldn't be staying away for too long. "I’ll be back before the summer is out and when you least expect it so stay tuned."

Before handing over to Tonight with Dan Wootton, Andrew gave a heartfelt speech to the GB News audience.

"But before I take this break, let me say this," he continued. "Yes, we had a bit of a rocky start with the launch of GB News.

"We’re a start-up, they’re always a bit rocky these start-ups. But we are up and running as you can see, we get better every day and there’s clearly an appetite for what we’re doing.

Only time will tell if that's bullshit, like the next bit is.

"And in two short weeks, we’ve already built a loyal audience which has beaten all of our expectations, it’s often bigger than the other news channels and it’s growing.

"That’s the real story about GB News to date and you won’t often read that in the papers.

"So on behalf of GB News, I say to all of our viewers, thank you. We won’t let you down and you ain't seen nothing yet."

Some viewing figures for GBN yesterday (Thur. 24/6/21) -

BBC Breakfast - 1.4m
ITV Good Morning Britain - 717k
Sky News with Kay Burley - 54k
GBN Great British Breakfast - 32k (down from 76k on launch day)

Sky News - Ian King at 10 am - 42k
GBN - Brazier & Muroki at 10 am - 11k

C-4 News at 7 pm - 525k
BBC News Channel at 8 pm - 160k
GBN Andrew Neil at 8pm - 31k (down from 154k on launch day)

Oops. :D

Some viewing figures for GBN yesterday (Thur. 24/6/21) -

BBC Breakfast - 1.4m
ITV Good Morning Britain - 717k
Sky News with Kay Burley - 54k
GBN Great British Breakfast - 32k (down from 76k on launch day)

Sky News - Ian King at 10 am - 42k
GBN - Brazier & Muroki at 10 am - 11k

C-4 News at 7 pm - 525k
BBC News Channel at 8 pm - 160k
GBN Andrew Neil at 8pm - 31k (down from 154k on launch day)

Oops. :D
I haven't watched it for a while now the novelty has worn (kudos for sticking with it). TBF it's not really a news channel as such is it? It's more an opinion channel.

I've been pondering but a revamp of GB News...

could be the channel of people who remember white dog poo

if only it was the 1980's again

and we could go condom fisting in the local cannels
Remembering white dog shit is very popular in my local fb groups, that and dog shit in the streets, any colour dog shit. Tbh the people who post that are potential viewers.

Reactions: Ax^
Tuned in out of purient intrest.
It makes falklands islands Broadcasting look competent and BFBS used to mock them for not knowing how to use their studio😂

This seems very odd, unless he's just stepping back from the show, so he can focus on sorting out the mess it all is.

Only time will tell if that's bullshit, like the next bit is.

Doesn't he live in France as a tax dodging cunt? He is likely 'doing his time' abroad so the UK and importantly the NHS gets nothing from him.

I feel most people are not interested in politics and believe the 'Boris is a Ledge' stuff, if they actually were interested in politics they would know what he's like.
This is the fault of the MSM, but as soon as anyone tries this point out they switch off.
This is like me and sport. For me football is a bunch of people kicking a ball around trying to get it in a net. Of course many people of extremely passionate about football. If someone starts talking about football I'm not interested. I think it's the same with most people listening to LW or RW politics. Plus I think there are fewer RW blowhards then we think, and most right wing blowhards don't watch the news as they know they are right hence the crappy figures. (As well as it being shite)

Although I've found people who aren't interested in politics are very interested in (particularly) the state of the NHS.
True, it seems that people have cognitive dissonance, between the govt and the NHS. This is probably due to years of the Mail and Murdoch press.
Take New Zealand, there is little murdoch influence and it seems a lot happier country, one where the PM can walk down to the coffee shop and buy a coffee like a everyday citizen and there seems to be a more grown up interaction between the press and government.

As always there's a Pratchett quote for that:

Sacharissa: But the people who were arguing were people who mostly spend their day mincing meat or sawing wood and basically leading little lives that are controlled by other people, do you see? They’ve got no say in who runs the city but they can damn well see to it that cockatoos aren’t lumped in with parrots. It’s not their fault. It’s just how things are. [...]
William de Worde: And as for your damn parrot fanciers, if they don’t care about anything much beyond things that go squawk in cages then one day there’ll be someone in charge of this place who’ll make them choke on their own budgies. You want that to happen? If we don’t make an effort all they’ll get is silly…stories about talking dogs and Elves Ate My Gerbil, so don’t give me lectures on what’s important and what’s not, understand?”
― Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Back
Top Bottom