Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

There's a big drop off in ads this week, I was surprised how many ads they had at launch, until I found out how 'Sky Media' had bundled them in with a load of other small channels and sold the airtime in a package, where the advertisers didn't even know they would be appearing on GBNews.

Anyway, they were running ads breaks of 4-5 minutes in length last week, now they are down largely to breaks of just 2 minutes, and they haven't added extra breaks per hour, it can't just be down to the few advertisers that announced they were suspending their ads.

A lot of the big brands seem to have disappeared, including the Co-op, which had been very vocal in not joining any boycott, I suspect a lot have dropped them without making a noise about, and thus avoiding a backlash from GBN supporters.

Maybe they put their prices up. Like you'd have a clue whatev

Yeah, like they would put their prices up, when advertisers are boycotting them, makes perfect sense. :facepalm: :D

They are not even setting their own rates, 'Sky Media' is just flogging off their otherwise unsold airtime in cheap packages, with other niche TV channels, with tiny viewing figures.

BTW, I spent most my working life in local/regional press and broadcast advertising, so I have a reasonable understanding how the market works, fuckwit.

If they can't be bothered to get their bandwidth compliant with an average connection, while the BBC can, fuck em. Plenty of other things to watch.

In a pointless personal tangent, I paid for a tv license yesterday for the first time in my long and sorry life, I think it was motivated by a combination of how they must have spent hundreds by now on sending me scary letters but also the existence of this new channel, which is probably fair to see as part of the intensifying wider movement against the deeply imperfect but better than this shit bbc.

couldn't you get a proper job

I always considered being involved in launching and/or growing truly independent & locally owned media outlets, battling against the 'big boys' for advertising share to secure survival, to be a proper job.

Bloody hard work, but generally well rewarded for the effort, except the pirate radio stations, where the money was a bit shit, and no company cars, but they were the most fun TBH.

In a pointless personal tangent, I paid for a tv license yesterday for the first time in my long and sorry life, I think it was motivated by a combination of how they must have spent hundreds by now on sending me scary letters but also the existence of this new channel, which is probably fair to see as part of the intensifying wider movement against the deeply imperfect but better than this shit bbc.
I suppose this is what living in the free world means; there's a distinction between the state and governing party broadcasters.

There's no problem with people disagreeing with others, but if you're this keen to just "troll the lefties" or whatever it is you're doing I'll just boot you off the thread. So I dunno I suggest maybe not to do that?
you should do that becaue all I will do in response to intimidation is tell you to fuck off.

So go on, be a real U75 man and 'cancel' the voice you don't like.

I always considered being involved in launching and/or growing truly independent & locally owned media outlets, battling against the 'big boys' for advertising share to secure survival, to be a proper job.

Bloody hard work, but generally well rewarded for the effort, except the pirate radio stations, where the money was a bit shit, and no company cars, but they were the most fun TBH.
it my have been. If you do't have a sense of humour there is nothing I can do.

think he only got a thread ban after that so might still have more turds of wisdom around the place from the fella

Back
Top Bottom