Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

Falkland Islands aren't part of the Americas they're part of BRITAIN :mad:
According to the UK Wikipedia entry the only part of South America in Britain is Antarctica - though Tristan da Cunha has a British number option.

North American Numbering Plan[edit]​

Others[edit]​

According to the UK Wikipedia entry the only part of South America in Britain is Antarctica - though Tristan da Cunha has a British number option.

North American Numbering Plan[edit]​

Others[edit]​

Antartica is in south america? :hmm:

So anyway, GB News.

If Discovery do pull out (and with $30BN of debt following the WarnerMedia merger I see this as highly likely), what will become of the station.

I see a couple of possible outcomes. Either they fail to secure an investor and they cut their losses and close down. Or, some major backer comes in and insists on a complete rebrand and shift in direction. Either way things are not looking good for them in their current format.

So anyway, GB News.

If Discovery do pull out (and with $30BN of debt following the WarnerMedia merger I see this as highly likely), what will become of the station.

I see a couple of possible outcomes. Either they fail to secure an investor and they cut their losses and close down. Or, some major backer comes in and insists on a complete rebrand and shift in direction. Either way things are not looking good for them in their current format.
You obviously don't watch "Spectator TV" on Youtube. Their format is exactly like GB News - except they expect their comentariat to pass some sort of IQ test. So whoever owns Speccy might relaunch as a minority TV channel.

This could be Frederick Barclay's bequest to the nation -before he hangs up his cloggs as Dame of Sark and departs this mortal coil.

I thought the higher the number the better. +992 Tajikstan
It does seem pretty random without pulse dial telephones around to demonstrate the reasoning. You have to remember it's about the lowest digits overall and not necessarily the lowest number. 312 is a far more desirable area code than 209. Whatever takes less time on a dial phone. S'why NYC got 212. In a total "fuck you" to the suburbs, Toronto was 416 and the 'burbs got 905.

Returning to the topic of Lisa McKenzie appearing on GB News (and writing for Spiked) my views have changed on this.

And interestingly she is banned from the 'london anarchist bookfair' - yet there has been no condemnation aimed at Ash Sarkar who has appeared on Piers Morgan's show on Talk TV (a Murdoch channel)

Infact I hear that the Anarchist Federation have tweeted their support for 'Owen and Ash' (a strange thing for 'anarchists' to do).

Double standards much?

Last edited:
Returning to the topic of Lisa McKenzie appearing on GB News (and writing for Spiked) my views have changed on this.

And interestingly she is banned from the 'london anarchist bookfair' - yet there has been no condemnation aimed at Ash Sarkar who has appeared on Piers Morgan's show on Talk TV (a Murdoch channel)

Infact I hear that the Anarchist Federation have tweeted their support for 'Owen and Ash' (a truly bizarre thing for 'anarchists' to do).

Double standards much?

I don't know who Lisa McKenzie is or why she appeared on GB News, but the fact that she wrote for a lolbertarian contrarian rag like Spiked isn't a good sign.

Infact I hear that the Anarchist Federation have tweeted their support for 'Owen and Ash' (a truly bizarre thing for 'anarchists' to do).

Double standards much?

I thought she wasn't banned (unless something has changed), but she wasn't allowed to do a stall herself (although her project was).

Ash Sarkar hasn't applied for a bookstall, and not really sure her not getting condemnation for whatever she has/hasn't done has any relevance to the discussion about Lisa McKenzie.

Also 'I hear' isn't a very good start for making the statement you just did about 'Owen and Ash' (Owen Wilson? Jones?), and anyway, depending on the circumstances it might be an entirely OK thing for anarchists to do - for example say they'd been attacked by fascists or similar.

Last edited:
What do you make of Ash Sarkar appearing on Talk TV?

I haven't seen it. Could be amusing, productive or meh depending on what went down. Not sure that GBNews or TalkTV have an audience large enough to make it really worth making an appearance, given how tiny their audiences are. But on the face of it I don't have objections to anyone using TV appearances to introduce ideas and viewpoints that viewers might not have really considered before.

On the other hand, if you're writing for a publication, then that usually means you're getting paid by them.

Infact I hear that the Anarchist Federation have tweeted their support for 'Owen and Ash' (a strange thing for 'anarchists' to do).

Double standards much?
The other day I watched a strange Owen Jones podcast with him and Peter Hitchens.
Peter Hitchens seems to know much ,ore about Marxism than Owen Jones

Back
Top Bottom