Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

You could say she's banned from being a stallholder
If you want to put it in as hyperbolic a way as possible, sure. I doubt Freedom would get a stall at an SWP event but I'm not going to shout about being banned, it's their event and they'd be choosing who they want at it. But sure, of you like.

But what she definitely isn't is "banned from the Bookfair".

Last edited:
OMG, you fucking imbecile, did you even read what the Boofair have said to her? NOWHERE DOES IT SAY SHE'S NOT ALLOWED TO TURN UP. She's been told she can't have a stall, but can attend the event. I agree it's a bit messy and seems a bit odd, but get your actual facts right or you come across as a fucking idiot.
AA made an assertion - that she was "banned". He is now determined not to be wrong, because being wrong is a terrible thing.

So, if the book fair had told her she couldn't turn up in full Nazi regalia, with a marching band playing the Horst Wessel song, and a troupe of dancing girls doing "Springtime for Hitler", then in his book...she'd be banned.

See - it's just a simple misunderstanding :D

Anarchists are supposed to be in disrepute.

No, they're really not. They're supposed to have politics, ways of doing things and a future vision of how society if run that's better for all.

Being regarded in a poor light by people is a product of the anarchist movement being crushed, marginalized and self-marginalized over decades.

We should be aspiring to be the opposite of 'in disrepute' - unless you're just interested in being an edgy sub-cultural gang as an end in itself?

Not engaging with someone because they talked to someone you don’t like is a bit primary school tbf.

The way I see it, the organisers aren't required to give anyone a stall. Declining on the basis that the applicant has repeatedly worked with dodgy outlets like Spiked and RT seems reasonable enough to me.

Declining on the basis that the applicant has repeatedly worked with dodgy outlets like Spiked and RT seems reasonable enough to me.
Makes them look like hypcrites and dicks though when they don't condemn someone else for doing the same thing but actually give support to that person (ie. Ash Sarkar)

No, they're really not. They're supposed to have politics, ways of doing things and a future vision of how society if run that's better for all.

Being regarded in a poor light by people is a product of the anarchist movement being crushed, marginalized and self-marginalized over decades.

We should be aspiring to be the opposite of 'in disrepute' - unless you're just interested in being an edgy sub-cultural gang as an end in itself?

But all I’ve brought is molotovs. :(

The way I see it, the organisers aren't required to give anyone a stall. Declining on the basis that the applicant has repeatedly worked with dodgy outlets like Spiked and RT seems reasonable enough to me.
I'd say so; after all...there are no rules or laws about all this

I'd say so; after all...there are no rules or laws about all this

If the organisers have explicit rules and don't follow them, then I would agree that's a problem. Is that the case here? Otherwise, if it's just up to the discretion of the organisers, then I'm not seeing the issue.

Makes them look like hypcrites and dicks though when they don't condemn someone else for doing the same thing but actually give support to that person (ie. Ash Sarkar)

But that was the Anarchist Federation on Twitter you said (not sure which group, or even if it was just one person?) not the London Anarchist Bookfair collective? I still also haven't seen it and have no idea what it's about, but hey ho, let's not that stop us!

But that was the Anarchist Federation on Twitter you said, not the London Anarchist Bookfair collective? I still also haven't seen it and have no idea what it's about, but hey ho, let's not that stop us!

If it was indeed AFed and not the LABF, then this spat over the stall would look even more silly than it currently does.

• Haha
Reactions: LDC
Back
Top Bottom