Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

Ratings are climing though.

They claim that, but the official BARB figures suggests otherwise.

They are averaging around just 25,000 viewers across the 'daytime hours' (6am - midnight), well behind Sky News & BBC News.

Farage remains their star, bringing in 50-75k viewers, well down on the 100k plus when he started, their 15th most popular show only has 33k viewers, at some points during the daytimes they score as little as 1 or 2k viewers.

The much hyped new breakfast show doesn't even show up in the Top 15 shows, the last figures I saw, was around 20k.

I can't remember looking at their youtube subscribers at launch, but I did post this back on 29th June 2021.

The Daily Express staff have been wanking themselves off since the launch of GB News, putting up loads of 'reports' everyday, off the scale compared to any other rag. This made me laugh -

"GB News soars to 300k Twitter followers in WEEKS – woke critics defied after ratings blow

GB NEWS has defied gleeful critics who have been celebrating its falling ratings by attracting more than 300,000 Twitter followers in the two weeks since its launch."

Absolute bullshit, they had built up over 260k followers in the 6 months leading up to the launch, so they have only added about 40k since their launch, the lying twats.

Since June last year, they have only managed to add just over 60k more twitter followers, so just over 360k in total.

Sky News UK have 7.4m followers

#GBNewsFails

That is totally fucking insane.

The whole bloody project is, as are the backers.

GB News is owned by All Perspectives Ltd, which is a holding company, headquartered in London. All Perspectives Ltd is controlled by four significant shareholders, three are from Malta, Britain, and New Zealand, all of whom currently reside in the United Arab Emirates, the fourth is Discovery Europe, which is headquartered in London.

The biggest investor was Discovery, which is currently being merged with Warner [Bros.] Media, owners of CNN, I can't see them throwing any more money down the drain on the GBN project, so once they have spunked the last of the original upfront funding, I expect their game will be over.

The whole bloody project is, as are the backers.

The biggest investor was Discovery, which is currently being merged with Warner [Bros.] Media, owners of CNN, I can't see them throwing any more money down the drain on the GBN project, so once they have spunked the last of the original upfront funding, I expect their game will be over.

Yeah, I wonder how fast they’re burning through their capital… 🤔

Yeah, I wonder how fast they’re burning through their capital… 🤔

Fucking fast, launching nationally on DAB radio was dumb, it wasn't in the original plan, and it's costing them well north of £500k per year, with no advertising income, they can't play-out the TV ads on radio for various reasons, and just fill the ad breaks with endless promos for their own output.

Sky Media [ad sales] sells their limited TV slots off for next to nowt, but they don't sell radio advertising, GBN don't have their own sales team to sell the radio slots.

The last independent sales house for radio advertising disappeared about 2 years ago, when Bauer Media took over most of their clients, they had to agree to carry on selling air-time for the very few remaining truly independent radio stations that were with 'First Radio Sales', but they are basically bundled-up and sold as part of the 'Hits' or 'Greatest Hits' networks, they have no obligation to take on new players, and no talk based stations to bundle GBN up with.

Global Radio & News Corp sell their own stations, but not others, and I can't see Global wanting to bundle up GBN with LBC, nor News Corp with TalkRadio & Times Radio, it's not in their interest to do so.

So, they seem fucked when it comes to trying to generate income for GBNews Radio, totally crazy.

Fucking fast, launching nationally on DAB radio was dumb, it wasn't in the original plan, and it's costing them well north of £500k per year, with no advertising income, they can't play-out the TV ads on radio for various reasons, and just fill the ad breaks with endless promos for their own output.

Sky Media [ad sales] sells their limited TV slots off for next to nowt, but they don't sell radio advertising, GBN don't have their own sales team to sell the radio slots.

The last independent sales house for radio advertising disappeared about 2 years ago, when Bauer Media took over most of their clients, they had to agree to carry on selling air-time for the very few remaining truly independent radio stations that were with 'First Radio Sales', but they are basically bundled-up and sold as part of the 'Hits' or 'Greatest Hits' networks, they have no obligation to take on new players, and no talk based stations to bundle GBN up with.

Global Radio & News Corp sell their own stations, but not others, and I can't see Global wanting to bundle up GBN with LBC, nor News Corp with TalkRadio & Times Radio, it's not in their interest to do so.

So, they seem fucked when it comes to trying to generate income for GBNews Radio, totally crazy.
Did First Radio Sales eventually become CCRS?

Did First Radio Sales eventually become CCRS?

Oh, did you mean 'Clear Channel Radio Sales'?

They don't seems to operate in the UK any longer, I know they used to represent JazzFM, but Bauer Media took over JazzFM back in 2018, and 'First Radio Sales' in 2020.

* I was typing as pseudonarcissus' post appeared above.

Oh, did you mean 'Clear Channel Radio Sales'?

They don't seems to operate in the UK any longer, I know they used to represent JazzFM, but Bauer Media took over JazzFM back in 2018, and 'First Radio Sales' in 2020.

* I was typing as pseudonarcissus' post appeared above.
I used to work in radio sales for Jazz Fm and went out with one of their presenters for six years around 1995-2002 that's all.

380k subscribers which isn't loads
Is it still quite easy to ‘buy’ followers? Right-wing types have form for this, important for egos.

Anyway, the people paying for this shit aren’t bothered about it making money, they’re trying to remake society and this is just a business expense. They’ll get it all back in tax cuts and loopholes from whatever ‘small state’ political party they eventually help to prosper.

Is it still quite easy to ‘buy’ followers? Right-wing types have form for this, important for egos.

Anyway, the people paying for this shit aren’t bothered about it making money, they’re trying to remake society and this is just a business expense. They’ll get it all back in tax cuts and loopholes from whatever ‘small state’ political party they eventually help to prosper.
380k sounds reasonably organic.

In other news Former GB News presenter shredded Michael Gove in an arkward interview on Channel 4

eta. Within a porgressive / conservative spectrum surely its the progressives trying to remake society

GB News quote of the morning:

"The NHS is an over-priced killing machine."

source: Tom Harwood show, Christopher Snowdon, Lifestyle Economics spokesman, IEA.

Wikipedia has a very thin article about Mr Snowdon - Christopher Snowdon - Wikipedia

He is a history graduate from Lancaster University, and has written a book on the persecution of smoking and smokers

GB News quote of the morning:

"The NHS is an over-priced killing machine."

source: Tom Harwood show, Christopher Snowdon, Lifestyle Economics spokesman, IEA.

Wikipedia has a very thin article about Mr Snowdon - Christopher Snowdon - Wikipedia

He is a history graduate from Lancaster University, and has written a book on the persecution of smoking and smokers
🙄

Back
Top Bottom