Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

So, Friday 18/9 was a big news weather day, so how did GB News perform.

The number of people watching at midday -

BBC News Channel: 435k (linear)
Sky News: 216k (linear)
Big Jet TV: 184k (YouTube)
GB News: 31k (linear)

Average number of people watching between 6am & midnight -

BBC News Channel: 253k
Sky News: 129k
GB News: 30k

Nick Robinson trolling GB News gets a reaction.

Nick Robinson has faced the wrath of GB News presenters including Alastair Stewart after the BBC presenter joked on air about their channel’s viewing figures.

During an interview with Jerry Dyer, creator of the online channel Big Jet TV that amassed 238,000 viewers while filming aircraft landing at Heathrow airport during Storm Eunice, Robinson said: “They dream of that at GB News, I’ll tell you that.” Robinson, 58, said on Radio 4’s Today on Saturday: “It was an extraordinary number of people.”

More than five million people tuned into Big Jet TV’s footage on Friday. GB News had 2.2 million viewers in the four weeks to January 2 compared with the BBC’s 15.9 million and 10.9 million for Sky News, according to Press Gazette, which covers the news industry.

Robinson’s remark triggered a social media backlash. Alastair Stewart, 69, a presenter on GB News, called it “rather childish”.

Colin Brazier, 53, a former Sky News reader who is now a presenter at GB News, tweeted: “Every one of our viewers and, increasingly, listeners is there because we’ve earned their interest, loyalty and custom. Our wages are paid, not by a broadcasting poll tax, but through the exercise of choice. Every sneer will cost you dear.”

He implies his wages are paid by advertising, they are not, they are paid by the ever dwindling start-up funds, provided by dodgy backers, which is currently being pissed up the wall.

Mark Dolan, another presenter on the channel, called it a “snooty remark”, and added: “These pampered BBC stars and their management haven’t got a clue about the real world and the very country in which they live.”

Dolan, 47, added: “It’s telling that Robinson, this BBC lifer, on a cool £270,000 a year, all paid for by you and me, should seek to have a bit of a dig at a smaller outfit, not even a year old, which seeks to provide you with a voice and provide a hopefully refreshing, balanced take on the day’s news.”

A balanced take on the day’s news? How bloody delusional. :D

From The Times - archive.ph

Record breaking audiences for breaking news channels yesterday, over 4 times normal levels.

BBC News peaked @ 5pm, 762,000.
Sky News peaked @ 6.30pm, 640,000

GB News peaked with Nigel Farage @ 7pm, 94,000, failing to break the record for his show. :thumbs:

Record breaking audiences for breaking news channels yesterday, over 4 times normal levels.

BBC News peaked @ 5pm, 762,000.
Sky News peaked @ 6.30pm, 640,000

GB News peaked with Nigel Farage @ 7pm, 94,000, failing to break the record for his show. :thumbs:
And how many of those were just people logging on to see what the silly cunt was going to come up with re Putin & Ukraine?

And how many of those were just people logging on to see what the silly cunt was going to come up with re Putin & Ukraine?
Al Jazeera came up with alarming stuff from Trump and Pompeo re Ukraine.
Trumpo sounding off on his new social media channel - Putin is a really clever guy - and kicking Joe Biden in the balls ready fro the US half-term elections.
Pompeo fully supported this sentiment in an interview - because Trump is a really clever guy.
Compassionate and internationally concerned, as ever.

Save us from the clever guys!

without looking into it is he saying that his would never of happended under trump can we just send farrage to russian now and be done with it

without looking into it is he saying that his would never of happended under trump can we just send farrage to russian now and be done with it
One of the absolute weirdest rhetorical shifts has been the far-right rallying round Putin and everyone else being left to say, in a sort of dazed, mirror dimension way "well if you love Russia so much why don't you go live there."

I started watching it but now I am worried that my clicking on it will count towards their viewing figures :)

It is just a farce. Has Anne Diamond fallen out with someone, to end up on there?
I always thought she seemed quite nice, but maybe she was always a right wing douche and I didn't know. I can't imagine anyone would work for GB News unless they leaned that way.

I always thought she seemed quite nice, but maybe she was always a right wing douche and I didn't know. I can't imagine anyone would work for GB News unless they leaned that way.
I guess they are trying to bring in people who are not known to be right wing douches, in order to appear more balanced, and attract some viewers who are not right wing douches.

Not sure it will work, though. Just makes everyone think Anne Diamond must be a right wing douche.

I guess they are trying to bring in people who are not known to be right wing douches, in order to appear more balanced, and attract some viewers who are not right wing douches.

Not sure it will work, though. Just makes everyone think Anne Diamond must be a right wing douche.
Well that was my immediate thought.

They have a line-up of comedians for a couple of their shows which has a very even left-right split tbf.
They seem to be the only things in their roster that lean away from a firm right-wing bias.
Good for a fig leaf of "balance".

Back
Top Bottom