Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From FB:

As I keep saying, this time is different. The largest march in decades taking place in Palestine right now as thousands march from Ramallah to Jerusalem in solidarity with their brothers and sisters in Gaza. Absolutely incredible. May Allah protect them all.#48KMarch#3rdIntifada#FreePalestine

10501938_806300592723317_4901683743299892473_n.jpg

Even the israeli plastic bullet isnt much less lethal.
A baton round the british plastic bullet is actually designed to be non lethal and used as designed isnt.

The israeli version fires out of an assualt rifle and is steel cored :facepalm:

Let's deal with Palestine right now, the PRC is certainly no worse than old Tibet.
I strongly disagree, 400K-1.2million deaths, 2-tier health system, program of cultural genocide, torture, murder, mass Han and Hui 'Sinification' settler program etc etc - but will leave this for now, and start another thread if I get the time - so as not to detract from the focus of this one. I am by no means attempting to absolve the Israeli state of its own war crimes (as my posts upthread indicate)...

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/24/isr...obs/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Wtf?? There's nothing wrong with going topless etc but wtf is going on in that society? I remember a few years ago there was that 'babes of the IDF' website too. Wtaf?

There is a 'Spring Break' like element to a lot of this, I even read one article about how on 'Birth Right' tours while Gaza is being bombed the number of people fucking each other has gone up. It might be a typical enough human reaction to panic but factoring in the disparity between both sides and the number of dead on the Palestinian side and number of those who are just kids... I find it absolutely grotesque.

There is a 'Spring Break' like element to a lot of this, I even read one article about how on 'Birth Right' tours while Gaza is being bombed the number of people fucking each other has gone up. It might be a typical enough human reaction to panic but factoring in the disparity between both sides and the number of dead on the Palestinian side and number of those who are just kids... I find it absolutely grotesque.
Those birth right tour organizers have blood on their hands, both Jewish and Palestinian, there has just been some news about an American guy who was killed in Gaza after joining the IDF after a birth right tour. I am so glad that I have not been on one, nor will ever go.

On the other hand applications to go on these tours are down by about 40%.

Just caught the end of a discussion on Radio 4, a couple of journalists interviewed about the impact of photos made available via phones, tablets, social media etc - and whether the more graphic scenes of e.g. the aftermath of the Malaysian airline crash or IDF artillery attacks might lead to a sort of shock fatigue.

One of the journalists was arguing, on the contrary, the increasing prevalance of on-the-spot photos showing the real impact of IDF attacks on civilians, hospitals, schools etc only served to make IDF spokespersons look increasingly foolish, and to be liars.

Israel surely cannot turn back from this, even if the neocon wankers in america continue to support them.
Cannot turn back from what? From the military operation? Or the political ends they hope to achieve? Why not? And why would continued US support mean they would be more likely to turn back from either?

Israel surely cannot turn back from this, even if the neocon wankers in america continue to support them.
It need the Yanks to change course
UN compounds where women and children were sheltering have been attacked by the IDF before - all the various Lebanese "incursions" - less likely now that Hizbollah are well tooled up - as for massacres, Sabra and Shatila didn't halt anything - it may even have played a part in getting Sharon elected.
Israel is pretty much a militarist state with the full complicity of the population
Unless the Yanks stop its "Iron Dome" of blocking all censure at the UN and stops its free flowing money spigot, nothing will change

Why is America so pro Israel?
Why are Americans so anti Palestinian?
Why do Europeans seem to have different sympathies?

Many have grown up in a Gaza that has always been like this
"You understand well enough what slavery is, but freedom you have never experienced, so you do not know if it tastes sweet or bitter. If you ever did come to experience it, you would advise us to fight for it not with spears only, but with axes too." - Herodotus
2000 years have passed since that was written
"We will never surrender"
Fat boy winnie sums up what all peeps under attack think

Why is America so pro Israel?
Why are Americans so anti Palestinian?
Why do Europeans seem to have different sympathies?

America and Israel are two sides of the same coin, both born from extreme religious ideologies. Both share disdain for 'natives'. America's version of christianity requires an Israel and temple mount for Jesus's apparent second coming (rapturists).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom