Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably eid this Monday. Instead of celebrating, they will be mourning.

http://m.aljazeera.com/story/2014724213831750431

Israel kills Palestinian in West Bank clashes

Israeli police shoot dead man and injure at least 55 others in Qalandia during massive protests in occupied West Bank.

Israeli police have shot dead a Palestinian man during a massive protest in the occupied West Bank, just north of Jerusalem, in support of those under siege in Gaza.

You think things will escalate after Eid?

It's probably eid this Monday. Instead of celebrating, they will be mourning.

http://m.aljazeera.com/story/2014724213831750431

Israel kills Palestinian in West Bank clashes

Israeli police shoot dead man and injure at least 55 others in Qalandia during massive protests in occupied West Bank.

Israeli police have shot dead a Palestinian man during a massive protest in the occupied West Bank, just north of Jerusalem, in support of those under siege in Gaza.

Seventy thousand are apparently on the streets in the old city.

Did he? Knocked some sense into him! It's quite significant that coming from a BBC reporter given all the stick they get for being bias towards Israel. Then again he'll get stick for being bias towards Palestine.

Think he's quite religious from a Christian perspective, not a bad man. Sorry, don't speak Arabic.

You think things will escalate after Eid?

I think this time things are different. The level of apartheid and racism has reached a tipping point. Living in the UK kind of disqualifies me from making strong judgements about how the Palestinians back home are feeling, but everyone I have spoken to from family and friends have indicated that the zionist government have pushed Palestinians too far.

I think things will get progressively worse before they get better

I think this time things are different. The level of apartheid and racism has reached a tipping point. Living in the UK kind of disqualifies me from making strong judgements about how the Palestinians back home are feeling, but everyone I have spoken to from family and friends have indicated that the zionist government have pushed Palestinians too far.

I think things will get progressively worse before they get better

Agreed. Gaza may well turn out to be Israel's Stalingrad rather that the ghetto they hoped it to be.

Netanyahu’s Operation Stupidity
http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/07/18/netanyahus-operation-stupidity/#.U8qoRVIQpBg.facebook
For example:
Winston Churchill was a scoundrel.

For five years he kept the population of London under the unceasing fire of the German Luftwaffe. He used the inhabitants of London as a human shield in his crazy war. While the civilian population was exposed to the bombs and rockets, without the protection of an “iron dome”, he was hiding in his bunker under 10 Downing Street.

He exploited all the inhabitants of London as hostages. When the German leaders made a generous peace proposal, he rejected it for crazy ideological reasons. Thus he condemned his people to unimaginable suffering.

another one I'd considered on BDS- we know from evidence like the iraq sanctions that for a ruthless state such sanctions result in dead children and the impoverishment of those who are as much at the mercy of their own government as anyone. Isn't a boycott then simply a form of grassroots non-state sanctioning? Not to mention the ongoing disempowerment implications that our consumer choices are the only meaningful way to express dissent and anger
Sorry I don't agree with that at all (and apols if this has been raised already, only just catching up with this thread). The significant point is that a boycott is, or should, arises from the bottom up initiatives of communities which is what makes it totally different to sanctions imposed by other states.

Now that doesn't mean that there aren't questions to ask about both the tactics and strategy of boycotts in general as well as BDS in particular, but I think it's deeply wrong to equate the grassroot organisation of groups with sanctions imposed by nation states.

It seems to have kicked off big style in the West Bank tonight

m_madi: Qalandia, West Bank, tonight. At least two dead as thousands march in protest at #Gaza war
http://t.co/WUuUrRJenx

BtWSJDaCMAApSjJ.jpg

in result not intent
Well I still disagree, one of the results of boycotts should be workers coming together in solidarity, something that is neither the intent or result of sanctions imposed by states.

Now I accept that boycott's can end up hurting those at the bottom rather than the wankers at the top but IMO that's a question of tactics/strategy.

What the fuck sort of "security" is the state of Israel going to buy with this massacre? So they keep going until they have taken out hamas' capability to fire their whizz bangs - whilst swelling the ranks of the Palestinians who thirst for revenge and are prepared to die seeking it. Not to mention the disgust of most of the worlds population. Some security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom