Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently an Israeli man has been killed by a mortar fired from Gaza while he was delivering food to a border post.

So that is now one Israeli fatality verses nearly 200 Gazans dead and nearly 2,000 injured!

It is not possible for Israel's warplanes to see everything, so its eyes on the ground are its collaborators. They had always been bothersome for the Resistance, beginning with field operatives to moles in the armed wings. In the third war on Gaza, stories about collaborators were sparse but present nonetheless...

On the other hand, political and security analyst Hani al-Basous spoke toAl-Akhbar about the "depletion of Israel's bank of targets," evidenced by the Israeli air force targeting civilian homes and threats of a ground invasion. "This proves that the occupation is bankrupt, failing on the security level. It is clearly facing a crisis of information in the Strip," he said.

"Israel's failure to reach the leaders of the Resistance or locate the weapons depots and rocket positions, despite the occupation's intelligence and military capacity, is the best proof that it faces a crisis of information. One of its main reasons is the absence of the role of field collaborators," he explained.

Gaza: The Resistance fights Israel and its spies

Quite. I cannot understand why they continue to fire ineffectual rockets into Israel, knowing the "massive retaliation" that will follow. Any ideas?

That's because you don't understand that the "provocation" of "ineffectual rockets" is merely a pretext by the state of Israel for invading the Palestinian enclaves. Even the Palestinians acknowledge that the mortars/rockets are largely symbolic - a show of resistance against a mighty oppressor. You may or may not have noted that the "rockets" are only "provocation" when the state of Israel wishes them to be.
And please let's not forget that the pretext this time wasn't primarily rockets, it was Fat Benny accusing HAMAS of organising the murder of 3 Jewish students.

That's because you don't understand that the "provocation" of "ineffectual rockets" is merely a pretext by the state of Israel for invading the Palestinian enclaves. Even the Palestinians acknowledge that the mortars/rockets are largely symbolic - a show of resistance against a mighty oppressor. You may or may not have noted that the "rockets" are only "provocation" when the state of Israel wishes them to be.
And please let's not forget that the pretext this time wasn't primarily rockets, it was Fat Benny accusing HAMAS of organising the murder of 3 Jewish students.
More than likely as a direct response to this:-

"The IDF spokesperson’s office stressed Wednesday that there was no evidence directly linking the soldier’s actions to the deaths of Nadeem Siam Nawara, 17, and Mohammad Mahmoud Odeh, 16. However, the soldier’s unauthorized shots remain under investigation, and a gag order has been imposed on further details of the case."
http://www.timesofisrael.com/soldier-suspended-for-nakba-day-shooting/

New video shows Palestinian youths killed by Israeli army on Nakba Day posed no threat to soldiers
http://mondoweiss.net/2014/05/palestinian-israeli-soldiers.html

This should be common knowledge on here
http://www.urban75.net/forums/threa...-2-palestinian-teenagers-on-nakba-day.323899/

Quite. I cannot understand why they continue to fire ineffectual rockets into Israel, knowing the "massive retaliation" that will follow. Any ideas?

I know right, why don't they try all those other options that are open to them and have worked so well in the past? oh hang on

I dunno why I watched the video, maybe I need to see it? Maybe I need to be confronted with the full horror of it? That's just beyond words really. I normally deplore videos like that but sometimes I think it needs to be seen, and this is one of those times, to shake apologists for Israel's crimes from their stupor. There's no way that gunner wouldn't have know they were kids....kids playing football on the fucking beach. There is absolutely nothing that could possibly justify that. That should be all over the news.

The rockets are a refusal to submit to occupation, siege and mass incarceration and always follow a particularly egregious Israeli violation of previous agreements.

Despite the cliches they are really quite effective as Israel simply cannot do anything about them and they take a psychological toll on the population and show the IDF and the so called Iron Dome up to be useless. The previous bombardment in operation Pillar of Defence hit a few targets in the first week and then ran out and could only repeatedly hit the same military targets while beginning to target civilian infrastructure in desperation. Operation Protective Edge starts with desperate tactics that Pillar of Defence ended with. Despite the horrible death toll Hamas has them on the run. The Israeli government is divided and indecisive and can only try to satiate the population's demand for revenge, they cannot score any military victory without a ground invasion and that has it's own risks and at higher stakes.

The ten demands from Hamas and Islamic Jihad:
  • Mutual cessation of the war and withdrawal of tanks to previous locations and the return of farmers to work their land in the agricultural border areas.
  • Release of all the Palestinians detained since 23 June 2014 and improvement of the conditions of Palestinian prisoners, especially the prisoners from Jerusalem, Gaza and Palestinians of the interior [present-day Israel].
  • Total lifting of the siege of Gaza and opening the border crossings to goods and people and allowing in all food and industrial supplies and construction of a power plant sufficient to supply all of Gaza.
  • Construction of an international seaport and an international airport supervised by the UN and non-biased countries.
  • Expansion of the maritime fishing zone to 10 kms and supplying fishermen with larger fishing and cargo vessels.
  • Converting the Rafah crossing into an international crossing under supervision of the UN and Arab and friendly countries.
  • Signing a 10-year truce agreement and deployment of international monitors to the borders.
  • A commitment by the occupation government not to violate Palestinian airspace and easing of conditions for worshipers in Al-Aqsa Mosque.
  • The occupation will not interfere in the affairs of the Palestinian government and will not hinder national reconciliation.
  • Restoration of the border industrial areas and their protection and development.

Can't believe the disgraceful coverage of the latest murder of children in Gaza. It was 4th item on 6 pm news to begin with, then shared what little time was allocated with the funeral of one Israeli.
Classic
The beeb gets a barrage of complaints that its coverage is anti-semtic, and the beeb, in rather typical spineless fashion, crawls up its own arse and gives in.
its an organised campaign, well funded by people who would deny it, but are in fact simply racist shit - the vile bitter billionaire hedge fund shit from Geneva for a start.
Sadly, the stuff I know I cannot repeat

Classic
The beeb gets a barrage of complaints that its coverage is anti-semtic, and the beeb, in rather typical spineless fashion, crawls up its own arse and gives in.
its an organised campaign, well funded by people who would deny it, but are in fact simply racist shit - the vile bitter billionaire hedge fund shit from Geneva for a start.
Sadly, the stuff I know I cannot repeat

Did they? I thought they got complaints for not covering Gaza accurately from the point of view of Palestinians? Have the usual lobby been at work again? I seriously don't understand how people can swallow Israel's horse shit any more. There's been an absolute avalanche of it in the past decade or so. I used to have some slither of sympathy for Israel, before I really knew too much about the conflict, but now I have precisely none. I don't want it to go to the wall but I have no sympathy for it at all. It's actions make me pick sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom