Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

French magazine publishes controversial cartoons of Prophet Muhammad - many killed in revenge attack

Why do people always describe terrorists as 'cowards' or weak/stupid/brainwashed? Is it to highlight how they are better than the terrorists? It never rings true and just sounds like the kind of bullshit words politicians come up with. Describing them as 'murderous bastards' is good enough without this dishonesty, surely?

It's particularly irksome, and fundamentally misses the point, when people call suicide bombers "cowards". There's a lot to be said for cowardice. It protects people from doing mad or dangerous things.

Oh god this is horrendous :(

Too right. My missus has gone into town for the first time in years. She's at the cinema in Leicester Square and will be getting on the tube at rush hour. I'm now worrying about tube bombs and the like.

Fucking halfwits. These and less extreme god-botherers too. Violence comes from other motivations too but that people murder over fairystories gets right on my wick.

What is? Charlie Hebdo?

Left wing and racist? :eek::eek:

"Charlie Hebdo is part of a venerable tradition in French journalism going back to the scandal sheets that denounced Marie-Antoinette in the run-up to the French Revolution.

The tradition combines left-wing radicalism with a provocative scurrility that often borders on the obscene."

According to BBC.

a provocative scurrility that often borders on the obscene."

According to BBC.

I might accept that if their targets were widely-ranged but they seem to have had a particular down on muslims and a particular support for Israel...

Bastards we can't win an argument so we will murder you pointless and stupid evil that will eventually disappear.
Like every ism that relies on force people eventually just have enough of your shit..

Thanks for that completely useless contribution, sergeant.

If half of your posts didn't consist of needlessly degrading and dehumanising people you would perhaps be able to comprehend the utterly despicable and perverse motivations of these (for the most part, well-educated and articulate) people.

Close up pic:

B6vwVsACIAAG04-.png:large

They came for business clearly.

Isn't it time for an armed citizenry? These wankers can get hold of these sort of weapons and yet all the public have (in France and Britain anyway) are smartphones to record all it in great quality? Absurd.

I've been thinking about the thread title, were the cartoons obscene, was this truly a revenge attack. Obscene means offensive or disgusting by accepted standards of morality and decency., I would have thought the attack was obscene and revange was not the true motive.

I've been thinking about the thread title, were the cartoons obscene, was this truly a revenge attack. Obscene means offensive or disgusting by accepted standards of morality and decency., I would have thought the attack was obscene and revange was not the true motive.

I was thinking : "Is the picture so obscene that it deserves a wank?" :D

Armed citizens br cause unless your going to spend a months wages on ammo every year your unlikely to hit the side of a barn in a crisis

Back
Top Bottom